The Head of Networks and Managed Services in the CU holds Networks Solutions, Services and Managed Services business and
presales responsibilities. Encompassing end-to-end Sales Support accountability towards customers for our Networks and MS deals.
The portfolio and services scope encompasses the following:
- Products: Radio, Microwave, Small cells, Site Solutions, Transport
- Services: Network roll-out and Customer Support
- Managed Services and optimization services
The resource scope relates to the following roles, skills and budgets:
- Dedicated sales support skills such as Technical and Solution Sales Support, Services Sales Support, and product and services experts
- CTOs and Presales Leads
- Key Performance Indicators: Financial metrics mirroring the CU targets for the domain, Key Deals, Feedback survey from the CU
The Head of Presales Networks and Managed Services will be managing all team members in the CU geography linked to network and managed services presales activities. This role reports line-wise into the Head of Networks and Managed Services Presales and Commercial Management in MELA, and dotted-line into the Head of the CU UK & Ireland and shall be part of both Leadership Teams.
- Overall strategy for our growth in Networks and MS domain in the CU UK & Ireland
- Develop, promote and articulate customer-centric offerings in the Networks areas (comprising hardware, software, services and managed services) in order to raise our win hit-rate in the deals
- Deliver growth faster than the market and increasing Ericsson’s share-of-pocket
- Be part of the deal shaping and approval process for the bids
- Ensure the commercial and presales team work together so we can identify and communicate relevant Techno-Commercial Value Argumentation to our customers. The engagement needs to focus on customer value creation based on customer business cases, bringing assets from then entire domain to address unique customer insights.
- Together with our sales force, take part in direct customer dialogues, providing experience & knowledge of Ericsson technology & offerings
- Interface customers C–suite Level securing understanding of competition, market situation, etc building on in-depth knowledge & understanding of the customer business requirements. Proactively drive customer dialogue on long, medium and short-term topics to establish trust, build business partnership, and generate and qualify new leads. Proactively seek out business opportunities in ongoing projects and customer engagements for continuous up-selling and repeat sales
- Driving the solution and technical parts of our customer tenders
- Knowledge management across the CU is key. Significantly contribute to the market area and global building of Domain assets, including development and re-use of offerings, processes, methods and tools, and best practice sharing
- Responsible for interactions with MELA Domain team for requirements management, roadmap management, new product and service introduction planning, localization of product and service marketing/value creation arguments
- Run a domain culture & ways of working characterized by proactive attitude, teamwork focus, strong performance ethics, high professionalism, high energy and expert know-how
- Ensure that Ericsson is perceived as a technology and thought leader & that our solutions (end-to-end) provide added value compared to the competition by being a trusted advisor to key decision makers in the customer organization
- Actively contributes to the CU and MELA Domain Networks / MS Leadership Teams
- Effective Leadership in Matrix environment with large geographical spread
- Consultative Selling Skills, fluent across engagement models - Product engagement, Managed Services engagement, Services
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
- Ericsson portfolio knowledge across both Services and Products
- Financial Understanding
- Presentation, communication and influence skills
- 7+ years in leadership positions
- 3 years experience of sales
- 10 years of experience from Telecom Network industry
- Strong personal track record & experience of sales & C-level engagements in domain
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || IT; ProdMgt; R&D
Req ID: 306866