Currently, the Patent Development part of the IPR & Licensing organization is looking for a talented Patent Professional to strengthen our patent activities in Stockholm (Kista). Patent Development incorporates 12 major offices in Sweden, Canada, Germany, England, China and United States. The open position is within Patent Unit Kista, RAN Implementation & Core, in Stockholm Sweden. This unit is responsible for building and maintaining a competitive patent portfolio in the Radio as well as in the Core Network area.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
As a Patent Professional within Patent Unit Kista, RAN Implementation & Core, your main responsibilities and tasks will include the following:
- Identification and protection of patentable inventions. This will involve working in close cooperation with inventors within the R&D organizations within Ericsson.
- Prosecuting patent applications and patents in several jurisdictions worldwide including:
- Drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications
- Assessment of the nature and desired extent of patent protection in view of Ericsson’s business.
- Reviewing Ericsson technologies and services under all patent aspects.
- Providing advice on validity, relevance and scope of patents.
- Ensuring that R&D, Commercial and Legal management functions are fully aware of the significance of patent matters in their own areas of responsibility.
- Managing patent portfolios of particular technologies or products.
- Investigating and supporting licensing and sales opportunities for Ericsson’s patents,
- Handling or supporting oppositions, appeals, invalidations and litigations.
- Continuously improve the ways of working with the above responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Some patent attorney experience and skills, particularly drafting and prosecution
- Minimum of 3 years of technical working experience within the telecommunication area and especially in the Cloud and Radio areas, or in the Media coding or Security areas
- Self-motivated and strong drive to accomplish tasks and become a world-class patent professional.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral member of a team as well as to be able to make fast decisions on your own.
- Master or PhD degree in a relevant technical area such as electronic engineering, applied physics, computer science, and ICT.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Very good language skills, written and spoken, in mother tongue.
- Very good written and spoken English.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Several years of patent attorney experience and skills
- Worked as a qualified European Patent Attorney for some years.
- Very good knowledge of technologies in the telecommunication area and especially in the Cloud and Radio areas, or in the Media coding or Security areas
- Good language skills in French, and/or German is a plus
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. If you have specific questions you are welcome to email the responsible recruiter at email@example.com. Last day to apply is the 20th December 2019.
Location: Kista, Sweden
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 306731