About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also:
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan
About Radio Products China 1
Radio Products China 1 drive end-to-end radio product development for the site to enable efficient WoW and shorten TTM.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Radio Products China 1, the head of CCCHW Design contributes to secure our commitments and responsibilities as delivering platforms, products and variants set to be executed in Site CBC Beijing. As individual and as part of the team you will be strongly involved in securing that our products are developed on time, with the expected quality, and to the forecasted budget.
The role as manager includes coaching a multi-disciplinary team of Product Development Leaders, Change leaders and System, HW, SW, FPGA developers. In addition, this role is a SPOC towards RCHE within PDU CDS (a Product Development unit within DNEW) as well as the SPOC towards PDG HW Design within PDU CL (Product Development Unit Cloud within DGS SA CNFV) and be a part of the extended Leadership team within PDU CDS RCHE and PDU CL PDG HW.
The position is based in Beijing and may require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden, China and Canada.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Drive & Coach the contribution of the team to meet the key company goals and profitability
- Drive and coach, cross unit activities addressing the department commitments and responsibilities
- Coach, challenge and develop individuals and the team, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Drive & Coach R&D efficiency and innovation as well as knowledge sharing and learning
- Responsible for CBC CCCHW related budget forecast, project and capability management
- Create a competence driven organization with empowered and customer focused teams
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction for the team’s solutions and engagements within CCCHW as well as ensuring the right competence, capability, ways of working, and quality
- Work in a very close collaboration with all relevant program/project/line units inside and outside the PDU; securing good cooperation with key stakeholders such as your counterparts in other PDU, DU, BU, and other Ericsson stakeholders
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Strong product development background with demonstrated passion for development and especially the development “craft”
- Experience leading large-scale change programs
- Demonstrated hunger to deliver what the customer needs when they need it
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Significant experience leading development teams, with strong domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with our teams, our customers and suppliers
- Relevant tertiary qualification or commensurate working experience
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations- experience of being able to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop and inspire teams and role model appropriate standards of behaviour through uncompromising integrity
- Accountable- thrive on accountability, overcoming challenges with a can-do attitude, motivated to surpass the expectations of customers
- Customer focused- E2E focus, sees the big picture, can get things done no matter what, with agility and speed
- Disruptive thinker- desire and willingness to challenge the current ways of working; comfortable with evolving technology trends
- Inspiring leader- who leads with empathy and human-ness, wants to grow the next generation of leaders
- Big-picture perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset
- Fact-based timely decisions- Not afraid to make tough decisions even when paradoxes are present, details lacking or contradictory, and the stakes are high
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 306581