About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan
About Radio Systems & Technology
Radio Systems & Technology drives radio product and technology evolution, high level systemization, architecture definition, standardization, mid- and long-term development plans, and long-term product plans (products and features) for PDU Radio.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Radio Systems & Technology, the Head of Radio Systems & Technology Canada is responsible for leading a team contributing to the Ericsson global advancement of radio technologies and architectures and driving alignment between the Ottawa site and the sector enabling global execution of plans and strategies
The position is based in Ottawa and may require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden and China.
Key accountabilities of the role
- People leadership to develop high performing, highly engaged team and individuals
- High level systemization of emerging products and features
- Architecture and module system definition and evolution
- Radio technology development
- Supporting partner, supplier, and customer engagements as required
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Strong product development background in wireless communications
- Significant experience leading development teams, with strong relevant domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with our teams, partners, and suppliers
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Relevant tertiary qualification or commensurate working experience
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations
- Ability and interest to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop, and inspire teams and individuals
- Driving - Ability to get things done and work through others to achieve results. Motivated to surpass expectations
- Capable of taking fact-based timely decisions without letting prestige get in the way
- Accountable – taking full responsibility for own and team’s actions and performance
- Big-picture business driven perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset with a solid understanding of our overall business objectives
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 306556