About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also:
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan.
About RF IC IP team
Ericsson is investing in the future 5G technology where in-house RF IC development is key. Therefore, we are significantly strengthening our capacity in the domain. This offers a great opportunity to take ownership of technical solutions and shape product definition.
An exciting opportunity is open for an experienced Manager to join the RFIC team in Kista. The team is a part of Product Development Unit Radio with Business Area Networks. As manager for one of the RF IC sections you will be building and leading a growing and highly skilled team which is collaborating with other design units in mainly Lund and Stockholm and with suppliers and partners world-wide to design cutting edge ASICs for 5G.
- Manage expertise in RFIC block- and top-level design, layout, simulation, verification and validation
- cellular standards with focus on 5G
- Mixed mode design and verification
- RFIC validation
- Planning, preparing and executing measurements
- Si-technology and architectural choices based on the existing product requirements and target specifications
- Input to RFIC roadmap
- IC deliveries to product development projects
- Ensure strong collaboration with other units: Ericsson internal research and technology development teams, suppliers, universities
- Ways of working
- Design flow, verification, top-level integration
- Goals setting, follow-up and strategically evolving section towards vison
- Contribute and drive internal efficiency, cost effectiveness via new or alignment of existing ways of working across all other design sections
- Chair and participate in steering groups inside organization or towards external suppliers
You are a strong, result-oriented leader with focus on finding effective and sustainable solutions while being pro-active, empowering, pragmatic and able to make things happen.
- Several years of experience from working as line manager or project manager in R&D organizations
- Experience of semiconductor business and ASIC development
- Experience of RFIC development
- Experience of cellular standards
- Excellent communication skills as well as teambuilding, coaching and cooperation skills
- Knowledge regarding cellular radio communication
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible with resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting you!
Last day to apply: 13th of December. Position location: Kista, Sweden. For questions please reach out to the responsible recruiter: Denise Hallbäck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 306550