About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also:
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan.
About Radio Products Canada
Radio Products Canada drive end-to-end radio product development for the site to enable efficient WoW and shorten TTM.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Radio Products Canada, the Head of Product System is responsible for driving the systemization of new radios and technical coordination of radio projects from OA to end of life cycle, ensuring efficient development and maintenance of the whole portfolio and our SW asset. The role also works with Common Radio Modules in efficient technology introduction and to achieve overall improved development speed through modularization and reuse. actively secure and measure quality during development of products at site, securing, always, adherence to the PDU Radio Quality framework.
The position is based in Ottawa and may require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden, China and Canada.
Key accountabilities of the role
- People leadership to develop high performing, highly engaged teams
- Participation in portfolio and feature activities driven from Radio System & Technology.
- Radio project technical coordination
- Alignment within radio and in particular other PDUs, RST and CRM about the solution
- Product and functional systemization
- Performance allocation
- Project requirement handling (SPM, market, project internal)
- HW configuration management.
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Strong product development background with demonstrated passion for development and especially the development “craft”
- Experience leading large-scale change programs
- Demonstrated hunger to deliver what the customer needs when they need it
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Significant experience leading development teams, with strong domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with our teams, our customers and suppliers
- Relevant tertiary qualification or commensurate working experience.
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations- experience of being able to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop and inspire teams and role model appropriate standards of behavior through uncompromising integrity
- Accountable- thrive on accountability, overcoming challenges with a can-do attitude, motivated to surpass the expectations of customers
- Customer focused- E2E focus, sees the big picture, can get things done no matter what, with agility and speed
- Disruptive thinker- desire and willingness to challenge the current ways of working; comfortable with evolving technology trends
- Inspiring leader- who leads with empathy and human-ness, wants to grow the next generation of leaders
- Big-picture perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset
- Fact-based timely decisions- Not afraid to make tough decisions even when paradoxes are present, details lacking or contradictory, and the stakes are high
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 306546