Head of Architecture & Technology, Radio Systems & Technology
About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan
About Radio Systems & Technology
Radio Systems & Technology drives radio product and technology evolution, high level systemization, architecture definition, standardization, mid- and long-term development plans, and long-term product plans (products and features) for PDU Radio.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Radio Systems & Technology, the Head of Architecture & Technology is responsible for driving radio architecture and technology evolution and anchoring in radio projects, including architecture support for functions, features, data collection, and development efficiency.
The position is based in Kista and may require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden, China and Canada.
Key accountabilities of the role
- People leadership to develop high performing, highly engaged teams and individuals
- Module system definition (SW & HW) and governance
- Technology readiness in time for project execution
- Architecture definition, anatomy, and evolution
- Technology roadmap governance
- Interfacing with and ensuring cooperation and alignment with relevant parts of other PDUs
- Product structure
- IPR and Innovation
- Technology supply (make/buy) and vendor relations
- Trade compliance and 3PP
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Strong product development background in wireless communications
- Significant experience leading development teams, with strong relevant domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with our teams, partners, and suppliers
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Relevant tertiary qualification or commensurate working experience
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations
- Ability and interest to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop, and inspire teams and individuals
- Driving - Ability to get things done and work through others to achieve results. Motivated to surpass expectations
- Capable of taking fact-based timely decisions without letting prestige get in the way
- Accountable – taking full responsibility for own and team’s actions and performance
- Big-picture business driven perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset with a solid understanding of our overall business targets
Last date to apply: December 12, 2019
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to contact Monal Jain, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 306536