About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also:
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan.
About Operations & Programs
The Project Office within PDU Radio is responsible for development of all Ericsson Radio Products. It also manages the financial frame for PDU Radio and drives global operational improvements.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Operations & Programs, the Radio Indoor Program Manager is responsible for responsible for delivering the committed IPP content within the Segment. You will organize and structure the work within the Segment. You will manage long term capability & flow improvements, start-up/close-down of projects, secure pull from early phases as well as run the daily operations. You will lead a team of senior project managers, managing a global program team of ~400 designers.
The position is based in Ottawa and will require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden and China.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Deliver on the committed IPP
- Main interface to Product Line APO
- Secure an efficient Radio Development machine through:
- Long term capability planning
- Flow improvements
- Secured pull from early phase
- Drive & Coach Technology Leadership
- Develop Teams, Individuals and Organizations
- Drive & Coach Continuous Improvements
- Drive & Coach Innovation
- Coach & Drive Knowledge Sharing and Learning
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Strong project management skills (Master/Principal level) or similar line management background with demonstrated passion for development and the project management “craft”
- Experience of leading large-scale change programs
- Demonstrated hunger to deliver what the customer needs when they need it
- Structured approach to dealing with complex situations & with very good planning skills
- Extensive knowledge in Flow, Agile and Lean development concepts
- Business acumen, maximizing business impact of decisions and portfolios
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations- experience of being able to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop and inspire teams and role model appropriate standards of behaviour through uncompromising integrity
- Accountable- thrive on accountability, overcoming challenges with a can-do attitude, motivated to surpass the expectations of customers
- Customer focused- E2E focus, sees the big picture, can get things done no matter what, with agility and speed
- Disruptive thinker- desire and willingness to challenge the current ways of working; comfortable with evolving technology trends
- Inspiring leader- who leads with empathy and human-ness, wants to grow the next generation of leaders
- Big-picture perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset
- Fact-based timely decisions- Not afraid to make tough decisions even when paradoxes are present, details lacking or contradictory, and the stakes are high
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 306534