About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also:
1. Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
2. Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
3. Strengthen product architecture and systemization
4. Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
5. Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan.
About Common Radio Modules
Common Radio Modules focuses on enabling fast introduction of common key technologies and driving common solutions, modularization and reuse work to the next level. It includes global teams working on software development, algorithm development, digital and mixed signals, and production test development.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Common Modules, the Head of Digital & Mixed Signal leads ASIC/SoC/TRX-IC requirements and roadmap for PDU Radio. The role has global governance responsibility for all ASIC/SoC development.
The position is based in Kista and will manage a global team. Travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden, China and Canada will be required.
Key accountabilities of the role
- People leadership to develop high performing, highly engaged teams
- Drive ASIC, SoC, TRX-IC & FPGA requirement Specifications
- Systemize, specify, design verify & productify Algorithm to secure technology leadership & a competitive product portfolio
- Supply RTL to ASIC projects on time & with quality
- Provide reference designs for the Radio digital platform to Site development orgs including relevant HW and SW
- Secure quality of ASICs through design best-in-class Verification & Validation
- Drive further modularization
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Strong product development background with demonstrated passion for development and especially the development “craft”
- Experience leading large-scale change programs
- Demonstrated hunger to deliver what the customer needs when they need it
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Significant experience leading development teams, with strong domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with our teams, our customers and suppliers
- Relevant tertiary qualification or commensurate working experience.
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations- experience of being able to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop and inspire teams and role model appropriate standards of behavior through uncompromising integrity
- Accountable- thrive on accountability, overcoming challenges with a can-do attitude, motivated to surpass the expectations of customers
- Customer focused- E2E focus, sees the big picture, can get things done no matter what, with agility and speed
- Disruptive thinker- desire and willingness to challenge the current ways of working; comfortable with evolving technology trends
- Inspiring leader- who leads with empathy and human-ness, wants to grow the next generation of leaders
- Big-picture perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset
- Fact-based timely decisions- Not afraid to make tough decisions even when paradoxes are present, details lacking or contradictory, and the stakes are high
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the Senior Recruiter, Valentyna Ivanova - email@example.com