About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers and developers collaborating across nine sites in Canada, China and Sweden to drive Ericsson’s strategy of securing our ongoing market leadership in radio, taking a leadership position in 5G.
In mid-2019 PDU Radio launched an organizational and operational transformation to facilitate the gradual, but rapid change from radio boxes to functions and modular architectures. By enhancing our ways of working and organizational structure we will also:
- Enable key technologies faster and shorten product TTM
- Meet the portfolio demands more efficiently with better quality
- Strengthen product architecture and systemization
- Move from a too tactical setup towards a more strategic one
- Develop the competence and careers of our people through a targeted People Plan.
About Quality Assurance
The Quality Assurance sector focuses on embedding a quality for speed mindset throughout PDU Radio and to operate proactive quality improvements
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance, the Manager of Product in Field Quality Assurance will be leading a group of experienced developers that will drive the automatization, analysis and visualization of the Radio Quality data collection work in our PDU. You and your team will also facilitate DNEW Customer Engagement organization for successful Product introduction on deployed population
As responsible for Products in Field Quality you will be prime PDU external interface for Product Quality concerns and you will ensure the PDU Radio acts timely and appropriately on market concerns with our portfolio and when needed participate on customers meetings
The position is based in Kista and may require travel to other PDU Radio sites in Sweden, China and Canada as well as to customers sites
Key accountabilities of the role
- People leadership to develop high performing, highly engaged teams
- Educate and drive Quality mindset/culture throughout PDU Radio
- Drive Return Rate Analysis Group (RRAG)
- RRAG process and tool owner
- Automate Quality data collection, analysis & KPI/visualization creation
- Enable resolution of portfolio wide Quality issues
- Facilitate PDU support for successful Product Introductions
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is spread within the PDU
- Support and set communication strategy for customer cases
- Strategically evolve the operations by participating in the Quality Assurance leadership team and closely co-operate with stakeholders, e.g. CES (Customer Engagement and support), CU’s/Customers and Design Centre managers globally
- Contribute in driving internal efficiency and cost effectiveness via new- or alignment of existing ways of working across all radio design sites globally
Qualification & Skill Requirements
- Several years of experience within R&D, Customer interaction or Product Management
- Business and customer focused with emphasis on seeing the big picture and making decisions
- Experience leading large-scale change programs
- Demonstrated hunger to deliver what the customer needs when they need it
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Significant experience leading development teams, with strong domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with our teams, our customers and suppliers
- Relevant tertiary qualification or commensurate working experience.
- Significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations- experience of being able to lead with empathy and humanness to motivate, develop and inspire teams and role model appropriate standards of behaviour through uncompromising integrity
- Accountable- thrive on accountability, overcoming challenges with a can-do attitude, motivated to surpass the expectations of customers
- Customer focused- E2E focus, sees the big picture, can get things done no matter what, with agility and speed
- Disruptive thinker- desire and willingness to challenge the current ways of working; comfortable with evolving technology trends
- Inspiring leader- who leads with empathy and human-ness, wants to grow the next generation of leaders
- Big-picture perspective- take a one Ericsson, one BNEW, one DNEW perspective collaborative mindset
- Fact-based timely decisions- Not afraid to make tough decisions even when paradoxes are present, details lacking or contradictory, and the stakes are high
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.