This role will lead a team of investigators and forensic experts, investigate security incidents as well as give specialist support to stakeholders. You will also ensure that incidents are appropriately managed and investigated in a fair and unbiased manner and outcome is recorded and improvement suggestions implemented. Your work will consist of collaboration with different stakeholders in a global context, you are expected to stay up to date and drive security demands towards the organization and make sure that they are implemented. You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden and the main working languages will be English and Swedish.
- Manage investigations according to the standards needed to meet internal and external requirements on the investigative process
- Act as a team lead and prioritize the daily tasks
- Provide input to security strategy development and target setting based on own specialist knowledge and intelligence analysis
- Manage and respond to alerts regarding Child Sexual Abuse images
- Provide digital forensics and eDiscovery support to other internal units
- Deliver expert support and advice in own area of competence to stakeholders
- Provide recommendations on process control improvements
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: Cyber, Information or IT. Work in law enforcement or the military industry is meriting.
- Domain experience: Cyber Security, Information Security, IT Security, Security Management, Security Processes
- Knowledge of Incident handling, Privacy, Cyber Security, Interviewing etc.
- Business understanding
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Excellent collaboration skills (sales experience is meriting)
- Knowledge sharing skills
- Risk Management skills
- Project Management skills
- Ericsson experience and Ericsson Business Process knowledge is meriting
Location: Kista, Sweden
Last day to apply: 9th of January
Recruiter: Camilla Wohlin, email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.