Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a 1st Level Security Operations professional for our Managed Security team. In this role, individuals are expected to monitor (24x7x365), notify, escalate, investigate and resolve information security events. They will also perform preliminary examinations of security events for context, relevance, and criticality. The professional will work alongside a highly skilled, diverse team, making sure that the information assets, that we are responsible to protect, are secured.
You will support the following systems and functions including, but not limited to:
- Perform real time (24X7X356) security event monitoring
- Perform quick analysis of attacks and threat based on real time monitoring and follow the predefined process to address the associated risks
- Work with the Security Incident Management team to respond to and resolve security incidents effectively
- Contribute towards continuous process improvements by providing inputs on the current processes and possible improvement opportunities
- Perform account and password life cycle management
- Execute vulnerability scans, monitor results, and distribute reports
- Support user related issues such as security agent deployment, encryption key reset, etc
- Perform After Actions Reviews and participate in Root Cause Analysis
- Perform periodic reporting
Education: Academic degree
- Minimum years of experience: 0-3 years
Domain experience: Information Security, IT
- ITIL certification, CISSP, Security +, CCNA Security will be an advantage
- Ability to work in shifts
- Ability to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to work both in a team as well as individually
- Knowledge sharing & collaboration skills
- Customer oriented, Service minded
- Deliver results & meet customer expectations
- Excellent communication skills, English is a must
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 306476