Ericsson Functional Area: DGS - Digital Services
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: less than 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for an experienced Integration Engineer to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
- Act as a domain specialist during pre-sales and delivery phase of the project
- Plan product deployment and integration work
- Lead and execute product deployment, integration and expansion activities including acceptance testing
- Lead troubleshooting activities in your specialized area
- Work with Internal and External 3PP TAC (3rd Party Vendor) (PDU – Product Development Unit) and resolve system issues
- Identify gaps and issues in existing processes and drive improvements
- Post-project activities (production hand over, L3 support during handover period)
- Knowledge sharing, mentoring and collaboration to help & develop peers
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering (IT, Telecom) or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one of the private cloud products (OpenStack or VMWare)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in deployment, build and operation of Cloud/SDN network solutions (OpenFlow/Oopendaylight or Cisco ACI or VMware NSX)
- Strong system engineering experience in Enterprise and/or Telco space
- Solid understanding of legacy routing network protocols (BGP, OSPF), Telco (MPLS, MP-BGP, L3VPN, EVPN), HA (VRRP, Anycast, LACP, MC-LAG), Overlay (VXLAN, GRE, GRENEVE) and/or OpenFlow/OVSDB network protocols
- Demonstrated experience with Linux/Unix. Solid understanding of main *nix services and components is required.
- Good understanding of Legacy (NFS, iSCSI) and Software Defined Storage (CEPH, VSAN) principals and components.
- Strong communication skills to translate technical procedures to our customer!
You may also have:
- Kubernetes and/or Docker experience and certification
- Professional certification in Private Cloud/SDN space (RHCE/RHCA, VCP-NV, CCNP etc.)
- DevOps skills, Python/Bash scripting experience
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.