Functional Area: Digital Services - Cloud
Work rights: Australian PR required
Travel required: 10% travel
Recruiter: Jamie Holder – Jamie.email@example.com – Please note, due to General Data Privacy Regulations we do not accept applications via email
Applications close: 15th December 2019
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Project Manager to lead an established and growing (Networks Functions Virtualisation) NFVI delivery program for one of Australia’s leading telecommunication carriers.
Reporting to the program director, the PM will be responsible for overseeing deployment of the Ericsson NFVI solution across various physical client data centers. This will include physical network infrastructure, software defined infrastructure (SDI), cloud execution environment (VIM), cloud SDN and orchestration components which will be used to support the deployment of 5G virtual network functions (VNFs).
- You will work alongside other team members to deliver various concurrent NFVI builds
- Drive project execution, tracking of activities, scope, risk, issues and management of resources
- Handle customer engagement and manage customer relationship, focused on building confidence and trust through a transparent and collaborative client engagement
- Handle project finances, reporting and milestones
- Participate in contract preparation and to contact management
- Develop the project and program management discipline within the Ericsson cloud team, focused on delivering improved process, methods and tools to optimize NFVI delivery
- Education: Bachelor in Software Engineering or Computer Science (MBA a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a PM or equivalent role
- Domain experience in Telco with a solid understanding of NFVI
- Financial acumen & analysis skills
- PMI certifications or equivalent qualifications
- Experience supporting sales with SOW development
We are looking for a fast learner with a positive attitude who is independent and able to drive outcomes.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills is a must.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.