Ericsson Functional Area: Network Operations
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: Current Permanent Residency required for Australia
Travel: Up to 10%
Recruiter: Jamie Holder - firstname.lastname@example.org - please note that due to General Data Protection Regulations we cannot accept applications via email
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for an experienced EME Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing EME and ACMA related activities to meet customer requirements. This will involve working with SAED and Build teams on EME mitigation strategies for challenging sites and coming with site design solution that is within budget and timeframe. The EME Network Engineer is expected to have strong knowledge of the latest Australian EME requirements and ACMA regulations and have strong practical experience with related tools.
- Report to EME Design Lead
- Support in delivery of the RF design process
- Generate Form A and Form Bs
- Review or generate Preliminary RF Drawings (PRDs)
- Work closely with Site Acquisition Team and ASP on EME mitigation strategies where site fails EME thresholds
- Regular engagement with customer on EME site issues and site resolution within timeframe and budget
- Responsible for Radio Frequency National Site Archive (RFNSA), STAD, Environmental EME report creation, quality and audit checks
- Responsible for ACMA Device registrations and audit checks
- Supporting EME Lead on other ad-hoc project deliverables
- Education: Bachelor or Masters in Telecommunications (or equivalent)
- Minimum years of experience: 7+ years in telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment
- Strong technical understanding and experience in RF Planning, Design, Tuning and Optimization in WCDMA/LTE networks (any 5G experience highly regarded).
- Must have excellent knowledge of Australian EME compliance requirements and ACMA regulations
- Solid understanding AMTA base station design guidelines
- Excellent practical knowledge on EME mitigation strategies for different site types
- Hands-on experience with using RF-Map2 and knowledge of RFNSA STAD & Environmental EME Reports
- Proven experience in engaging with customer on resolving complex EME site issues
- Experience and understanding of tools such as IXUS or ProX5 for PRDs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence customers and key stakeholders
- RF Planning tool experience in ATOLL or Mentum Planet
- Programming and scripting skills such as Python, VBA (highly regarded)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.