Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff.
Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels.
Its content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, video on demand (VOD) and subscription video on demand (SVOD).
It provides over 230,000 hours of captioning each year - more than 100,000 hours of which is live
Red Bee Media is currently on the lookout for a talented individual who is wanting to begin a career within the Broadcasting industry.
As a Media Management Operator, you will be responsible for the day to day acquisition, management and transfer of all media.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established broadcasting business and would suit either a graduate or somebody who has some experience within the industry but is looking for that next step.
Reporting directly into the Media Services Manager your core accountabilities will be:
- Collating, ingesting and managing media required by Playout, Compliance, Access Services, VOD and other clients.
- Ensuring ingested media is ready for playout and the original technical quality of the media is not lost.
- Under breakdown conditions, to operate all the equipment manually, including loading, cueing and playing programmes (and trailers etc) live to air from tape or server.
- Ensuring all associated media (metadata) such as subtitles, separate audio sources and in-vision sign language are correctly ingested onto server.
- To check Outside Source (OS) availability and record live incoming material (e.g. studios or outside broadcasts) to server for later playout.
- To quality check material and report faults where required, according to specific guidelines laid down by clients.
To be suitable for this role, you will ideally have either a degree within media studies or have previous experience, which has given you a good understanding of broadcasting functions.
You will be a fast learner and an effective communicator, possessing excellent computer systems skills having the ability to hit the ground running.
Being proactive within this role is also key, so you should be able to act on your own initiative with the ability to prioritise when needed having a high attention to detail.
You should also have the ability to work well under pressure, working to tight deadlines and reacting well at short notice.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || IT
Req ID: 306250