Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology, and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole.
Support Engineer (m/w/d) - Req. ID: 306227
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
We are now looking for a Support Engineer who will provide technical service and support in the area of 5G towards our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
You like to work in different cultural environments? As there are no distinct borders between the areas your flexibility is needed to work in more than one area. The technical development is rapid and you are requested and enabled to continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. Be invited to join our team. We are building the next generation of communication systems for public networks and industrial automation!
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Act as dedicated technical customer interface to handle customer support requests
- Drive and resolve technical problems with the support of our internal organization
- Provide competent and detailed answers towards customers via phone, mail or onsite
- Act as an advocate for the customer. Understand their problems. Address and follow them up internally
- Provide additional services outside standard customer support deliverables in alignment with SDM.
- Identify further sales opportunities by listening to the customer, understand their needs and help them to reach their goals
- Streamline existing processes and apply automation mechanisms where ever possible and appropriate.
Your Key Qualifications:
- Education: Masters or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, information technology or equivalent area, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant area
- Domain experience: 5G RAN or very good understanding of 3G/4G RAN technology, experience with ENM/OSS solutions is of advantage
- Troubleshooting capabilities with a good understanding of script methods
- Ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working to further improve them (outside the box thinking).
- Excellent customer and service orientation with a consultative way of working
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English is a must, German will be an advantage
- Social and intercultural competence will round your profile
- An international work environment with cooperative teams
- A culture fostering personal development along with excellent training opportunities
- Global projects and international customers
- Working with leading telecommunication technology (5G, cloud, IoT)
- Flexible work hours
Interested? Then apply - We are seeking experienced and motivated individuals to accelerate the momentum in our region. Please kindly apply via the Ericsson Jobsite at www.ericsson.com/careersApplications via e-mail cannot be accepted due to the data protection regulations. For queries, you are welcome to contact Varvara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Düsseldorf || ServEng
Job details: Support Engineer Job Stage 05