Are you passionate about technology and agile team development?
Are you ready for a new challenge in a world leading global company within 5G?
Join Ericsson and let’s shape our future together!
Embedded Power at Lindholmen is responsible for Power product development and system studies towards the majority of the Ericsson product portfolio. We are a part of Ericsson’s global design organization and engaged in developing products and performing system studies for the present and future mobile networks. At our site we are 5 sections forming a competence center with responsibility to provide power solutions to the Ericsson organization. Embedded Power are developing products for the internal stakeholders; Radio, Site Solutions, Transport and RAN Compute using external suppliers for design and manufacturing (Black Box development). Embedded Power is a unit within business area networks.
Business Area Networks: where 5G was born! We’re a global team of approx. 26 000 in 93 countries, with 126 nationalities represented. About half of us work in R&D, approx. 6 000 in Group Supply and 5 000 in Service Area Networks. Together we create future-proof, scalable network architectures in an industry that is constantly on the move. Our approach is simple: we build solutions that empower our customers to meet tomorrow’s demands. 5G is happening now, with the first commercial launches implemented today.
Embedded Power is now looking for an “Agile Team Leader for Power” with an interest in power units, systems and agile development. Your main task is to act as Team Leader for one of the power development teams. Included in the role is also to be able to act as a Task Force Leader, System study leader etc. in the team. Ability to participate in the team’s development and study tasks is also needed. The Power teams are responsible for specifying and systemizing the product to fulfill the stakeholders request on cost, time and technology. You will work in close cooperation with our global power system suppliers who will perform the design and manufacturing of the products. You will interact with several technical disciplines across Ericsson, such as Product Management, System, Mechanical, Thermal and Interconnect design. Co-operation with and communicating with external supplier’s development and manufacturing sites all over the world will be done daily. Our competence center is based on team work with experienced and dedicated individuals. We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Primary location for this position is at Lindholmen, Gothenburg, Sweden
Responsibilities and Tasks
The responsibilities include 3 main parts
Team Lead and Project Management:
- Single point of contact for the team towards stakeholders
- Coordinate all the team deliveries, to ensure that commitments are held
- Capability and back-log handling
- Monitor the Team's project planning
- Ensure Team's adherence to development processes
- Ensure Team's project financials are kept and monitored
- Ensure Team delivery with right quality
- Constantly work with improvements and continuous learning
- Contribute to the team spirit and honor our culture and values
Scrum Master/Agile Coach:
- Drive the team to continuously improve and evolve as an agile team
- Act as an internal agile coach for the team
- Sprint planning & retrospective
- Monitor performance, and facilitate retrospectives
- Participate in the development activities
- Take development activities from the Back-log.
- Specifying and systemizing power units and systems
- Requirement handling
- Collaborate, lead and direct the designing suppliers
- Technical responsible for the power product developed
You have a business-driven approach towards product development, a strong drive for results and customer focus. Most of all you have a curious and open mind, and a thirst for knowledge.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- BSc or MSc degree or equal through work experience
- An eager interest in product development generally and in power products specifically
- An eager interest in Team development and Agile Transformation
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Good communications skills and ability to lead others
- Able to set the development task in a business context and take business driven decisions
- Works in an efficient and structured way, in an often complex environment
- You take initiative and are willing to adopt new methods and techniques
- Leading and driving yourself to be fully accountable for your tasks
- A genuine interest in developing people and teams
- A team player who supports, coach and collaborates extensively with your colleagues.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Experience form working in and leading agile teams
- Experience from adopting Agile and Lean principles
- Experience from collaboration and leading suppliers
- Experience from Project Management
- Experience from Power Design
- Experience from Product Development
- Experience form adjacent fields such as Software/Firmware, Mechanical-, Thermal- or Interconnect-design
- Experience from verification of electronic products
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note we cannot accept applications via email.
Last day to apply: Jan 7
Primary location for this role: Göteborg, Lindholmen
Contact person: Recruiter Anna Magnusson at email@example.com
Martin Olsson, Line Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +46725398763
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 306159