Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Developer to develop and maintain numerous big data applications, insights, rules - using state of the art big data technologies – that provide majority of the data and insights seen on various UIs in the Ericsson Expert Analytics portfolio. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
What you will do:
- As part of an agile development team develop backend components that deliver Telecom Insights on top of Expert Analytics
- Work together with product owner and subject matter experts to implement and verify insights, rules which create business value to the customers
- Improve and create Insights developed through Big Data Technologies
- Be an owner of the implemented functionality: from design and implementation through verification to production troubleshooting
- Work closely together with the design team members and other teams in the organization
- Drive improvements by coming up with new ideas related to our products and processes
- Create supporting tools and best practices
- Mentor/coach junior design team members during day to day work
Apply if you have:
- Solid experience with Java 8
- Hands on experience in functional programming
- Having a good level of knowledge with apache spark and big data environments
- Solid knowledge on Data Structures and algorithms
- Paying attention to write Clean code with software principles such as SOLID, Design Patterns
- Solid experience in software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum
- Experience in some scripting language (Python, Groovy)
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, CI
- Team player and problem solving skills
- Good English skills
It’s an advantage if you have:
- Hands on experience with Scala
- Parallel computing and multi-threading experience
- Able to write efficient program on JVM
- Experience developing business rules (e.g.: JBoss Drools)
- Experience in real-time, streaming processing technologies (Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper etc.)
- Experience in Scala or strong willingness to learn
- Understanding of test driven development
- Ability and willingness to quickly adopt new technologies and/or business domains
- Experience in data model design
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from metropolitans like New York to the country sides of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan to use remote learning and to be able to enable remote health care for patients in rural Africa. Moving into 5G, we take connectivity, communication and the networked society to the next level. We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 306137