Ericsson Functional Area: Service Delivery
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Recruiter: Botond Limbacher – email@example.com - please note that due to General Data Protection Regulations we cannot accept applications via email
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Senior RF Engineer with demonstrated LTE optimization/tuning experience who will be responsible executing Design RAN services, Optimizing Design processes and developing/operationalizing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions.
In this role you will lead a rather large team, liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders and be accountable to meet business needs in terms of time, performance, financial and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
You will have a strong background in LTE optimization/design, working on high run-rates and at least 2 years experience of leading/managing a team. You will also have strong communication and negotiation skills and be confident presenting to a range of internal and external, technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of and driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Driving the completion of RF Designs services based on agreed scope, cost, quality and run-rates
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Strong English and Collaboration with the customer and key stakeholders
- Process improvement including improving run-rates, integrating new solution and identify gaps in existing solutions
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- At least 5 years’ experience in a telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment
- Strong technical understanding and experience in RF Planning, Design, Tuning and Optimisation in WCDMA/LTE networks.
- Proven experience in leading team of experienced RF engineers in large scale WCDMA/LTE networks rollout, network capacity upgrades and/or network swap outs projects.
- Experience in establishing relationship and influencing customers and key stakeholders
- Understanding of Australian EME compliance and ACMA regulations
- Massive MIMO and 5G Design experience is desirable
- Experience using RF Planning tools such as ASSET, ATOLL and/or PLANET and MapInfo
- Financial acumen to understand and suggest solutions’ cost
- Programming/scripting skills
- Working from customer office may be required
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.