Ericsson is looking for a Principal or Senior Network Design & Optimization (NDO) Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for one of our key and important customers in Africa. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals. The role will perform a detailed technical analysis of the networks deployed by our customer throughout Africa from a coverage, capacity and quality perspective with particular focus on achieving best in class network performance. Based upon this analysis you are to prove advice to our customer on what immediate network performance improvement actions are required and advice on the optimal Network Evolution Strategy as input to their investment decisions. For ongoing project deliveries, you will support our local NDO teams to ensure a smooth delivery to the full satisfaction of our customer. The role will interface to our customer at the Group CTIO level and have constant interaction with their Group Technology Planning team and individual OpCo CTO’s.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of the networks from a coverage, capacity and quality perspective with particular focus on achieving best in class network performance.
- Prove advice on what immediate network performance improvement actions are required and advice on the optimal Network Evolution Strategy.
- Technical Lead in the execution phase of customer projects; Define, manage and verify solutions in customer projects, including handling and management of third party products and suppliers.
- Identify new and add-on business opportunities.
- Analyze the customers’ existing systems, needs, and requirements.
- Participate in customer projects, handling scope, risks, changes and customer expectations.
- Lead and perform advise services.
- Share knowledge from service deliveries in applicable forums.
- Choose the most appropriate and efficient tools for the project.
- Optimizing customer solutions, focusing on the highest quality and performance solutions.
- Applying commercially effective techniques to deliver the highest value to our customer.
- Can take on the role of Customer Solution Responsible role whenever required.
- Levering efforts on a broad, high-level appreciation of Ericsson products and solutions, their related strengths and weaknesses, as well as the equivalent competition or substitutes in the market.
- Analyzing customer networks performance, propose and implement solutions for network improvements.
- Sharing expertise in technical sales support, analysis of customer situation, design and delivery of customer solutions, and in technical problem solving.
- Selecting 3rd party suppliers and decides or recommends 3rd party products included in the proposed Solution.
- Conducting in-depth technical discussions around the customer’s technology strategy and key operating challenges that translate into opportunities for Ericsson.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally.
- Work closely with Service Delivery Teams to identify improvements in delivery methodology and/or processes from Network Quality perspective.
- Understand and advise on performance and optimization aspects of Ericsson RAN portfolio, and develop strong knowledge in Ericsson Optimization Services and Solutions portfolio.
- Actively participate in Regional and Global Optimization Community Required Attributes and Competence:
- Specialist competence - knowledge of technologies, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- The following specific technology skills are required for these positions: Radio Access Networks - Design and optimization experience; preferably Ericsson experience.
- Dimensioning and capacity planning.
- Experienced in radio network design and optimization tools of minimum experience of 10 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer focus and high concern for quality is required.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and initiative.
- Innovation and proactive attitude.
- Developing Others & Knowledge Sharing.
- Experience in pricing and preparation of service proposals.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (minimum).
- Minimum years of experience: 10 – 15 years.
- Domain experience: Area of expertise – Network Design & Optimization.
- Deep knowledge of Ericsson’s Product portfolio.
- Experience from technical job roles is required, e.g. experience from work as NDO Solution Architect.
- A Solution Architect candidate is assessed according to the following tracks: Network Optimization/Network Design.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Kenya (KE) || || Nairobi || ServEng
Req ID: 306049