We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers, especially for their telecom cloud network. In this role, you will provide professional service to our customer, troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom, Datacom and IT, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer Service Request handling
- Provide preemptive solution to stabilize and optimize customer network
- Perform remote and on-site troubleshooting in customer network
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Education: Bachelor degree or above in Telecommunication，Computer Science，Computer Networking etc...
- Min years of experience: 2 years’ experience on telecom or IT company.
- Domain experience: Virtualization(e.g., KVM, QEMU, Libvirt), Cloud technologies(e.g., OpenStack, Docker/Container, Kubernetes), Linux OS knowledge, DB knowledge, TCP/IP networking concepts and packet analysis
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people
- Applying expertise & technology
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here