Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications-equipment and -services to mobile- and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. We are on the road to 5G and will create the networked society and the internet of things (IOT), will you join us?
Currently we are looking for an Solution Architect Logistics Systems based in either Dallas, US or Rijen, Netherlands.
About the role:
This is a global role and function that is required to support the Service Area Repair (SAR) business and keep the ways of using the technical solution aligned across all locations and departments. The SAR solution architect is the role and job that secures the solution is used in the best possible way to deliver the service. The solution architect is also the go to person for the Solution Managers requiring extra technical support with respect to the Mercury solution or any of the attached sub systems.
In this job you will train to get an in-depth technical understanding of the Mercury solution and all sub systems (i.e. SAP, AutoRMA, MMA, Web Order, Xelus, Vanilla) and interfaces attached to the Mercury Solution. To support and advise on the best way forward when adding new components or modules, being able to understand configuration changes and the impacts they may have on all facets of the business. One should also be able to receive, interpret and convert the demands from the services business as sold in services contracts to each customer to ensure that the supply chain will deliver at the expected cost and quality for each customer contract throughout the life cycle of each services contract. Based on existing building blocks and only develop new ones when all other options are found to be insufficient.
In addition to this the Solution Architect job should also support internal initiatives to add subsystems or interfaces to other solutions, this could be for example to accommodate regulatory requirements or automation initiatives.
- Utilizes available resources to solve complex problems.
- Research and develops new and innovative approaches for SAR Business.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of developments in Hardware Services and IT field.
- Continuously improves the tools and processes within his/her control.
- Uses his/her extensive knowledge to provide technical advice to Service Area Networks Tools, AO support, OSS team and managers.
- Designs and follows up long term goals for own work and for the organization.
- Chairs technical committees and provides technical leadership in dealings with the Suppliers and customers.
- Teaches and guides others so that they can develop themselves and their tasks. At least 20 % of the Lead Solution Management role involves skills transfer.
- Independently responsible for the conformance of SAR to regulations, specified requirements and goals.
- Detect and deficiencies in the SAR tools and processes, discuss with the responsible authority prior to taking appropriate action.
- Develop new methods and techniques in order to solve a problem.
- Improve SAR tools and processes.
- Lead development and planning discussions.
- Make technical decisions in dealings with the suppliers/customer.
- Follow quality plans for the project.
- Ensure quality plans are followed by staff.
- Lead network performance investigations on behalf of SAR.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Logistics or Engineering
- 5 years’ experience with logistics systems and supply chain management
- Working knowledge of SAP, AutoRMA, MMA, Web Order and/or Xelus
What we offer
- International organization powered by technology and customer interaction
- Industry related training
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Exposed to the most recent trends of global technology such as IoT, 4G & 5G.
- Laptop & Mobile
- 10% travel
It is in our goal to be meaningful. With patents for life-enhancing technology, we have never had a greater chance of stimulating change. Yet we are nothing without our people. Help us design the world of the future and we help design your career. Are you in?
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Hiring Manager: Gavin Watson
Job details: Job Stage 06