Would you like to work on the future communication technologies? 5G, IoT, Machine Learning,… We are already there!
Do you like travelling, a multicultural and highly skilled environment, and plenty of opportunities for career growth?
If you have extensive experience in network design and optimization, we offer you the opportunity to work with operators worldwide, alongside our product development team, shaping the next generation networks.
With us you can continuously upskill, in a fast-paced ever-changing technology landscape. We are building the CTOs of the future. Are you up for the challenge?
The Strategic Competence Unit (SCU) within BMAS SA NDO (Network Design and Optimisation) currently have a vacancy for a Solution Architect (Senior – Job Stage 7). SCU is a small organisation set-up as a part of SA NDO with the mandate to develop and provide high end strategic experts to grow and enable the global NDO business.
You are expected to contribute by working in an exciting and dynamic global team, providing different aspects of service delivery. Activities will include both Pre and Post Sales engagements and involvement in enhancing and developing our NDO service portfolio.
Although this position is based in Dublin - Ireland, please note that this role has global responsibility and a significant amount of travel to Ericsson and Customer sites for both long and short durations anywhere in the world is anticipated.
We are focused on high value-added services based on customer intimacy, end-2-end customer understanding and business and technology leadership.
The Solution Architect will have many responsibilities. They will be directly involved in delivering services to customers in at least one of the areas mentioned above. As a senior resource they will also lead projects, drive business opportunities, innovations, mentor and support more junior staff and participate in the running and development of the Ericsson NDO services business.
The team support Ericsson companies globally with expertise in range of areas including (but not limited to):
- Network Design and Dimensioning
- Network Performance Optimisation
- Implementation and trials of new Network Features and Technologies
- Drive customer ‘end-2-end’ engagements (e.g. App Experience Optimisation, VoLTE)
This is a role for someone who has already achieved a level of excellence as a technical engineer and is now ready to move to a more leadership and business driven position in a global environment.
- Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
- Have worked for an operator or on customer projects with a vendor / service provider for at least 7 years
- Have delivered NDO Services (e.g. optimisation) towards ‘live / commercial networks’
- End to End knowledge of NDO Services, covering Devices, RAN, Transport and Packet Core
- Data analytics knowledge (statistical analysis, statistical tools, methods/processes to analyse data, data correlation).
- Deep technical knowledge in RAN-RF and preferable also a good understanding of Packet Core and other domains / component (e.g. IMS) to engage successfully in E2E activities
- Ability to communicate, articulate, present and influence the customer (up to C-Level) by knowing the impact of any action/service on their business.
- Understand customers business objectives and able to analyse their pain points to link these to the improvement in Network Performance and End User Experience.
- Provide input and feedback to NDO Product Management so they can make changes and updates to our Service Portfolio.
- Highly developed Communication Skills
- Strong Technical, Customer and Team Leadership Skills
This role involves extensive travel, up to 80% Global travel with contracts lasting from 1 day to 6+ months
Able to move away from the technical comfort zone (App. experience will force people to think in new ways and enter areas maybe outside of the technical expertise)
- Ability to communicate, articulate, present and influence the C-Level by knowing the impact of any action/service on their business. (Not only CNO and CTO but also CMO, CFO and even CEO).
- Able to understand customers business objectives and pain points and able to link them to improvement in Network Performance and End User Experience.
- Provide input and feedback to Product Management so they can make changes and updates to the End to End Portfolio as required.
- Business and Communication Skills
- Communication Skills
- Leadership and Project Delivery/Management Skills
- Cross Domain Skills