Service Area (SA) Lab Operations delivers common infra services for R&D. Network & Storage is a unit of Lab Operations responsible for the design, operation and maintenance of the IT network over which users connect and test Ericsson products. If you enjoy working with the latest in networking technologies, we have an opportunity that we think you’ll like. The Network & Storage unit is looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Architect. As a Network ICT Architect, you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing network solutions that will support Ericsson’s R&D efforts both now and in the future. You’ll take a lead role in Network & Storage in and will also be part of a global team tasked with building the networks of the future. You will ensure a stable and high-available network environment while driving solutions and efficiencies that support the business.
Who Are You?
You are service minded, structured and a team player. You have the ability to lead technical discussions and to influence technical decisions. You have relevant experience with design and operation of networks and network infrastructure. You’re curious and you keep abreast of industry developments. You have experience of equipment from a wide range of suppliers and will be familiar with the ways of working in a data centre. You have a passion for tackling and resolving complex network problems and you love a challenge. You’re never happy with the status quo and you chase the high of finding a new solution.
The successful candidate for this role will have competence in the following areas
- Delivering solutions.
- Influencing technical decision makers.
- Driving change.
- Commissioning network infrastructure, Extreme Networks, HP Routers and Switches, Juniper firewalls etc.
- Management of IP subnets, sub-netting, addressing, documentation etc.
- Creation of new Vlans and port configuration.
- Pro-active maintenance of lab network.
- Managing security policies on Juniper firewalls.
- Management of VPN’s, including IPsec and GRE tunnels.
- General understanding of users’ needs for routing and switching.
- Network planning activities.
- Ensuring stakeholder requirements are met, Provisioning of solutions for short-term and long-term network demands.
- Project based work with Network Architecture team
- Be aware of and gain competence in technologies being used to support a wide range of customer demands.
- Full and in-depth knowledge of IP protocols.
- Troubleshooting Good Knowledge of Network, routing IP VLAN etc
- Good Knowledge in Network automation
- Good Knowledge of Firewalls and access solutions.
- Good knowledge of ECN, EDN and XDN and Ericsson security protocols.
- Good working knowledge of HP, extreme, juniper, cisco products.
- You will work to continually identify and implement improvements.
- You will ensure network availability in line with agreed SLAs.
- Secure and maintain high-quality documentation of lab network configuration items using such tools as are deemed appropriate and aligned with global WoW
- Work with Ericsson lab network technologies and secure related support agreements are up to date.
- Proactively drive the design and implementation of IT Solutions.
- Proactively work as part of the IT engineering team to deliver, monitor and support IT solutions.
- Manage local and remote IT platforms.
- Escalate when appropriate.
- Responsible for business continuity management.
- Provide monthly reporting on activities.
- Provide SME knowledge of platform architecture when required to other roles involved in development (eg Cloud Architect).
- Work as part of team to prepare environment to cater for the increase in demand for IT services.
- Proactively ensure that known vulnerabilities are acted upon and that proactive preventative measures are implemented across the network.
- A third level technical qualification or equivalent experience is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is needed.
- Previous experience as an ICT Architect.
The position will be based in Kista or Göteborg, Sweden
Last day to apply
December 31st, 2019
recruiter Miroslaw Cos email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 305830