Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a regional testing team. Your role will be to effectively to lead a testing team, include managing the testing budget, timeline, scope, risks management & customer acceptance of the solution delivered, based on the successful execution of the strategy & test plan. You will be responsible for leading the definition & implementation of test strategy and testing plans & the Test Object List that will lead to the customer’s solution acceptance.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support presales activities including pre-studies
- Lead test preparation, test scenario & test system
- Lead test modules preparation & acceptance test
- Lead test execution
- ADM/LCM analysis/execution
- Identify & drive improvements
- Execute test
- Scripting & Coding
Project Management Skills
Coaching & Mentoring Skills
Leading & Supervising
Creating & Innovating
Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
Applying Expertise & Technology
Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
Planning & Organising
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- ISTQB Foundation certification. ISTQB Advanced certification would be ideal
- Some experience in a Test Manager role within the IT & Tools development industry
- NFVI platform knowledge and understanding
- Packet core knowledge : MME, EPG + SAPC, HSS
- Virtualization of above packet core nodes and issues specific to that (resilience, redundancy, scale in/out, orchestration, etc.)
- Some 5G would be beneficial
- ENM, some knowledge around this area would also be desirable
- JIRA knowledge
- Important, confident in dealing with the customer, daily reporting, defect management, coordination of CSRs raised towards the PDU, maintaining TOL.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or experience in a Test Manager role within the IT & Tools development industry
What do we offer
- Get involved on projects which will impact the lives of billions (40% of the worlds traffic goes through Ericsson networks).
- Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world.
- A healthy work-life balance (a Sports and Social club, flexible hours, Maternity/Paternity and Parental leave).
- Pension Scheme, Health Insurance, company Doctor, Life Cover and Sick Pay/Income Continuance Plan.
- Tax Saver Commuter/Bike To Work Scheme and secure bike lock-ups and showers onsite.
- Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with both inhouse training and financial support for external study though our educational assistance scheme
- 27 days Annual Leave
- Laptop and mobile phone
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Test Manager Job Stage 06