Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
About the product
Ericsson Security Manager provides unique policy-driven security orchestration and management coupled with powerful security analytics and machine learning capabilities for detecting zero-day attacks and threats. Security Manager is an essential part of evolved networks where security functions, policies and related configurations are dynamically deployed and adjusted across multi-vendor domains. It is a virtualized security solution designed for end-to end infrastructure and application level security management in 5G, NFV or IoT deployments.
About the role
By joining our visionary and industry-leading Security Solutions unit you get the opportunity to work with a group of extremely passionate and talented security and software development/operation professionals to develop new business, deploy and operate AI/ML based next generation cyber security management and assurance systems. We will offer you a front seat in the fast-moving security domain and the possibility to work with the latest tools and technologies.
Main responsibilities and daily tasks
- Analyze customer requirements, technologies, and networks, solving complex technical problems
- Perform Installations, Troubleshooting, Incident Handling and Training development
- Customer Support, Security Operations Center, 24/7 on call rotation as requested
- Support development and services by scripting and providing technical expertise
- Drive Continuous Improvements of Product, Processes, and Documentation
- Log and track customer reported incidents, and corresponding emergency patches
Professional qualifications and competences
- BSc/MSc degree in IT or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Security Domain and industry standards in Telecom Networks/IoT/ICT Security
- Expertise in telecom networks, T- competence model
- Experience in DevOps for Cloud Solutions
- Experience in Platform monitoring
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience on 2nd or 3rd level support duties, processes and tools
- Working in Security Operations Center (SOC) as Analyst or SOC Engineer, Telecom Networks or ICT Security
- Experience in NW management solutions
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CompTIA Security+, CEH, GSEC, OSCP)
- Experience with scripting (Python, Shell, Ansible)
- Experience in training development and teaching courses
- Experience with Cloud development/deployment tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible
- Previous experience with analyzing data from other vendor network equipment (Analysis experience with 3PP vendor data, 3PP node log files, data mapping)
- API Knowledge (RESTful Web Services)
- Experience in test automation tools and development – CI/CD
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Proven track record working with customers globally
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
Location: 1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in. The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 305804