Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Job Description: Senior Engineer - SRF Core
Position: Senior Engineer - SRF Core
Hiring Manager: CA Manager - SRF
Education: Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience of which at least 4 years must have been spent working on Nokia/ Ericsson 2G/3G/4G Core nodes Configuration.
Essentials for the role :
- Should be customer oriented.
- Should be self-motivated.
- Should work independently.
- Should work well under time constraints.
- Should have good oral & written communication skills.
- Should actively contribute to improvements and change
- Pro-active and able to sustain high stress levels.
- Should be ready to work in shifts on 24X7 basis
- Should have good verbal, oral and written communication skills in English
The Senior Engineer - SRF Core is typically assigned to work with service quality assurance Configuration activities in an operations organization. The primary purpose is to take full responsibility for configuration changes of Core network within the scope of work as delegated by work area responsible
- Good Knowledge of GSM/UMTS/LTE/IMS Networks and Call flows
- Solution design & Implementation of Core Network Elements including HLR, HSS, IMS Node ,One-NDS,MNP & EIR
- SDM Solution Integration.
- An in-depth knowledge of Nokia/NSN DX Core Network equipment - Nokia ATCA/DX MSS, MGW, Nokia SDM (NT-HLR, HSS, MNP, EIR) & IMS Core CSCF, EPDG, SBC, MRF
- Strong troubleshooting skills using knowledge of protocols - ISUP, SIP, H248, Diameter , MAP etc.
- IMS / Linux / UNIX skills
- Understanding of 4G/LTE call flows and IMS architecture.
- Basic scripting language expertise (Shell script, PERL)
- Basic Knowledge of IP
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.