Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for an Infrastructure 3rd Level Support Engineer.
Your main responsibility is to ensure, from a product (or group of products) perspective and the end to end perspective: the best cost-effective design the adequate technology evolution and ensure the consistency of the infrastructure landscape and tools used focus on minimizing the need for big improvement during its lifecycle.
You will also:
• Responsible for 3rd Level Infrastructure Support for owned Infrastructure setup:
- provide Incident Resolution within agreed SLA
- provide Workaround Analysis and Proposal
- support Root Cause Analysis
- platform capacity management
• Infrastructure design and implementation:
- Responsible for the implementation of the new or enhanced hardware, virtualization platforms, operating systems and monitoring tools based on the requirement specifications
- Physical hardware installation
- Ensure integrity of implemented hardware or software patches, updates, and images
- Validate execution steps
- Deployment Execution
- Performed ensuring the First Time Right KPI as defined at Service Delivery Unit level via Change Management Process
• Capacity and Performance activities
- Responsible for Capacity trend analysis for owned Application and Infrastructure;
- Generates Optimization recommendations based on analysis and received the forecast
- Creates and submits improvement proposals and purchase inventory to Financial stakeholders
• Efficiency improvement management
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in infrastructure delivery
- Offer consultancy, expertise and relevant documentation related to owned Infrastructure Setup provided to internal and external customers.
- Generates Requirments Specification when observed the need for an improvement on the application or an opportunity for a new feature to be introduced
- Interaction and exchange of information between functions (System Integration, Research, and Development, Operational teams, Capacity, and Performance, etc.)
- Creates and maintains Work Instructions related to the tasks handled, proactively and/or according to manager input and/or direct customer feedback, whenever new software feature is delivered
- Creates and maintains Work instructions being compliant with Company standards and also the quality level of information
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Academic degree, minimum on Bachelor level or at least 5 years relevant professional experience in an IT environment (in a relevant field such as infrastructure support, data center operations and maintenance, IT support)
• Technical Experience Required:
- Expertise in Infrastructure hardware (servers, storages, datacenter networking), operating system administration, Operation System based services provided towards application groups
- Knowledge in Database Administration
- Experience in monitoring tools implementation and customization
- Experience with scripting languages (for example Ksh, Bash, Perl)
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
• English skills
• Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
• Deciding & initiating action
• Applying expertise & technology
• Presenting & communicating information
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.