Ericsson Functional Area: Networks
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: less than 10%
Recruiter: Jamie Holder – email@example.com - please note that due to General Data Protection Regulations we cannot accept applications via email
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end NB-IoT technical solutions for an Australian Telco Operator. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Drive end-to-end technical solutions at the client’s site
- Scope, define and design solutions within the Radio Access Network
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Point of contact for complex technical issue or queries
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Support presales activities
- Prepare and execute system tests, module tests and acceptance tests
- Troubleshooting of technical problems
- Identify and drive improvements
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience as a Solution Architect deploying system tests and/or troubleshooting
- Domain experience: RAN, LTE, Cat-M and NB-IoT required (Narrow Band Internet of Things)
- Extensive experience in implementing and verification of 4G, Cat-M and NB-IoT features in labs and/or on-field
- Proven experience in driving feature introductions with customer
- Excellent communication skills with experience presenting to senior stakeholders
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Experience with Ericsson RAN products
- Experience testing and validating LTE, Cat-M and NB-IoT features in field and lab environments
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.