Ericsson Functional Area: Networks
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 10%
Recruiter: Jamie Holder – firstname.lastname@example.org - please note that due to General Data Protection Regulations we cannot accept applications via email
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are now looking for highly experience Senior Network Engineers that will be responsible for performing 4G/5G test demo to internal and external stakeholders. The role focuses on planning and executing product, solution and/or feature demos and will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Reporting to Project Manager and/or Technical Lead
- Analyze customer network and propose technical solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Planning, preparing and presenting live 4G/5G related product, solution and/or feature demonstration to customer
- Troubleshooting of technical problems
- Identify and drive improvements
- Work closely with R&D to help close out technical issues in a timely manner
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum years of experience: 10 years+ in Telecommunications
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of 5G/LTE landscape, strategies and technology roadmaps
- Proven hands-on experience in showcasing live demos of new products, solutions and features up to C- level
- Proven experience in driving product and feature introductions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Able to influence key stakeholders on customer side
- Lab experience (advantageous)
- Past Ericsson product and solutions knowledge will be highly regarded
- Interworking knowledge between Huawei/Nokia/Ericsson
- Knowledge of Core and Backhaul technologies (advantageous)
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.