Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
We are now looking for highly motivated cloud professionals with background or studies in cloud-native SW development and edge computing to join our cutting-edge organization. Our solutions allow our customer to unlock new digital services and make their systems smarter, simpler and future-proof. At Ericsson, we make Digital transformation a reality.
You are a team player, already familiar with modern SW development principles and capable of working as part of an internal agile team. Through your studies and previous background in cloud software development, you have a thorough understanding of cloud technologies and a genuine interest to further develop yourself to become a true edge computing expert.
- Drive innovation of edge computing solutions
- Develop and systemize cloud-native software and solutions as part of the development team
- Experiment and use leading-edge technologies, components and methodologies for our solutions
- Contribute to a continuous improvement process and the ongoing development of a business-driven culture.
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Actively contribute in knowledge sharing and ensuring re-use within the team
- Contribute in defining and creating a go-get team culture, ways of working and environment
- Proven good track record with min 5 years of preceding studies or experience in software development
- Knowledge on Cloud concepts such as Virtualization, Containers and Container Orchestration
- Knowledge on Cloud Networking, HTTP(S), TCP/IP and other relevant Internet protocols
- Knowledge on working with Open Source Communities and driving contributions
- Development experience of applications and solutions in Linux Containers, Docker, etc.
- Development/operation experience in orchestration system like Kubernetes, Docker and OpenStack
- Development experience in messaging systems and/or REST API’s
- Passion for software development, ability to write clean code and willingness to learn new things
- Passion for working with CNCF, Openstack and other Open Source Communities and driving contributions
- Interest towards knowledge sharing
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge on working with GitHub projects is an advantage
What we offer you?
- Front-row view to leading-edge cloud technologies with hands-on experience
- Possibility to learn and develop in a truly international company among cloud superstars
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym, tennis & football field and own cafeteria just to mention a few.
Apply now or the latest 9th December!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || ProdMgt
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06