As a market leader in mobile network solutions Ericsson is constantly working towards more efficient and more effective ways to run on different platforms. This in order to be able to handle a major part of all mobile Internet traffic. One of the products in Ericsson's portfolio is the Evolved Packet Gateway (EPG).
The EPG sits in the middle of the Packet Core (PC) Network as a Gateway between the Radio network and the Internet. All traffic in a mobile network passes through this type of Gateway and thus it has high requirements when it comes to scalability, robustness and performance. The EPG is realized as a distributed real-time system that is split into a Control Plane and a Data Plane. The EPG runs on many different platforms - including Carrier-grade Routers, Virtual Machines and Containers.
- Investigate how virtualized EPG solutions are deployed and how traffic flows on different interfaces
- Investigate Vizceral Open Source as an visualization tool
- A web component to make it easier to integrate the visualization into a project using web components.
- Using Circle to represents different nodes and using moving dots to represent incoming and outgoing traffic to and from the nodes.
- With yellow and red dots showing degraded and error responses between services
- The nodes also can change color based on assumed health of the underlying service to give another quick focal point for where problems might exist in the system.
- Develop atomic and modular that can get real time traffic data between difference nodes for example between Dallas (traffic simulator tool) and EPG node and/or between User Plane and Control plane nodes.
- Create an interface/GUI to visually display the data collected (Using regular web-based dropdowns, checkboxes, etc)
- Create a numeric analysis result to show potential problems for degraded data.
- Implement ways to extract this data
- Create an easy way to install and start the tool
- The tool should present in an easy way the health of the system without reading any numbers or searching for any particular signal. It should instantly visualize by the color and motion of the elements on the screen whether the service is running properly or not.
- In case something is really wrong with the service, it should be highly visible.
- Student aiming for a M.Sc. or equivalent and with a strong interest in software development
- Programming skills and familiarity with the Linux environment
- Networking (TCP/IP) knowledge is needed
Do you want to learn valuable skills from one of Sweden's leading tech companies, extend your network, and get an opportunity for a great start of your career? Please send us your application and come meet us! Please include your certificates in the application.
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || Stud&YP
Req ID: 305020