The incumbent would be part of Network Security Operations, IT Infrastructure Operations team within Global Competence Center (GCC), India. The position is based out of Gurgaon or Noida, India - open for both locations. He would be responsible to provide second-level support on incidents, problem resolutions and technical operations.
The incumbent should be experienced on hardcore networking technologies such as firewalls, proxies, load balancers, VPNs and must have a passion for it.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Investigate and resolve incidents
- Investigate and diagnose problems. Where applicable, identify short-term work-around solutions.
- Act as network specialist and identify improvements in existing deployed solutions, provide input to RFCs etc.
- Support and maintain firewalls, switches, proxies, load balancers, DNS, Email Security solutions
- Build technical documentation
- Provide technical support
- Redesign and reconfigure alarms for network
- Maintain a stable environment and optimizes the network as necessary
- Contribute to implement continuous improvements in the organization
- Technical support handling of internal and external customers
- Develop solutions and tools based on technical requirements
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant will require a good background in Linux systems, Scripting (BASH, Expect), Automation platforms like Ansible, Puppet, Networking and Firewall technologies.
- Juniper, F5, Bluecoat, Palo Alto certified applicants are preferred
- Experience in a similar role is needed, with 5+ years Firewall ,support role.
- The candidate will need to be prepared to be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities, along with out of hours and on call support.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ideal candidate should have a good understanding of ITIL problem and change management practices, working to defined service level agreements.
Essential skills :
- Knowledge of Network Security products, Firewall and VPN technologies.
- Networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS and knowledge of Internet services such as proxies, email and FTP.
- Good TCP-IP knowledge, support and diagnosis skills to be able to seek problems optimally
- Strong troubleshooting skills is MUST
- Intermediate Linux skills and scripting experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Juniper Netscreen Security Gateway and SRX is mandatory
- Knowledge of F5 BIG-IP experience is mandatory.
- Prior working knowledge of Squid Proxy and BIND DNS is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Citrix Netscalers is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP), FireEye Email Threat Prevention (ETP) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Pulse Secure (Juniper) Secure Access appliances (SSL VPN) is essential
- Good organization and communication skills. Able to cope with demanding schedules and tight deadlines. Conscientious, able to communicate well with our customers at all levels, and have a positive and hardworking attitude.
- Building & Innovating
- Persuading & Influencing
- Applying Expertise & technology
- Working with people
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
- Following Instructions & Procedures
Minimum Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience working with firewalls, proxies, loadbalancers and VPN products from leading vendors. Should have excellent hands on troubleshooting experience
Preferred Qualification & Experience Requirements:
A primary degree in Engineering, IT or Telecommunications, or equivalent experience is required for all ICT Engineer job stages
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || IT
Req ID: 305006