Patent Professional in Chennai or Bangalore, India
Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
To meet the demand of our growing patent licensing business, the IPR & Licensing is building for the future. In addition to securing freedom-of-action for Ericsson on the telecom market, substantial revenues are created through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Ericsson currently has some 49,000 granted patents and more than 100 patent-licensing agreements in place.
You can be part of the team that is responsible for protecting the IPR of Ericsson's innovative technologies and products. IPR and Licensing offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area.
Currently, the Patent Development part of the IPR & Licensing organization is looking for a talented Patent Professional to strengthen our patent activities in India (Chennai or Bangalore). Patent Development incorporates 11 major offices in Sweden, Canada, Germany, England, China, India & United States. The open position is within Patent Unit DSM, Device, Service & Media, in India either in Chennai or Bangalore. This unit is responsible for building and maintaining a competitive patent portfolio in multiple areas of technology such as Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Security as well as Device, Service and Media areas.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
As a Patent Professional within Patent Unit Kista, DSM, your main responsibilities and tasks will include the following:
- Identification and protection of patentable inventions. This will involve working in close cooperation with inventors within the R&D organizations within Ericsson.
- Prosecuting patent applications and patents in several jurisdictions worldwide including:
- Drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications.
- Assessment of the nature and desired extent of patent protection in view of Ericsson’s business.
- Reviewing Ericsson technologies and services under all patent aspects.
- Providing advice on validity, relevance and scope of patents.
- Ensuring that R&D, Commercial and Legal management functions are fully aware of the significance of patent matters in their own areas of responsibility.
- Managing patent portfolios of particular technologies or products.
- Investigating and supporting licensing and sales opportunities for Ericsson’s patents,
- Handling or supporting oppositions, appeals, invalidations and litigations.
- Continuously improve the ways of working with the above responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- 5 years of patent attorney experience and skills, particularly drafting and prosecution.
- Qualified Indian Patent Agent
- Minimum of 5 years of technical working experience within the ICT, electronics, computer science, data science or network areas.
- Self-motivated and strong drive to accomplish tasks and contribute in a team of world-class patent professionals.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral member of a team as well as to be able to make fast decisions on your own.
- Master or PhD degree in a relevant technical area such as electronic engineering, applied physics, computer science, and ICT.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Very good language skills, written and spoken, in mother tongue.
- Very good written and spoken English.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Several years of patent attorney experience and skills,
- Experience in US and/or EP patent prosecution.
- Very good knowledge of technologies in one or more of the technology areas Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Security, Communication devices, communication services or communication media.
- Good language skills in French, and/or German is a plus
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. If you have specific questions you are welcome to email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Location: Chennai or Bangalore, India
Last day to apply is the 20th of December, 2019.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.