We are looking for Database MS SQL engineer to secure short and long-term projects at Ericsson Ukraine.
- Administer, support, and maintain multiple MS SQL databases to ensure their performance, availability, and security
- Build database schema, tables, procedures and users/user access levels for each segment of database and modify existing databases and database management systems. Setup database for appropriate data sharing and disk partitioning,
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and fail-over. Implement security and encryption to the database to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized use, modification or disclosure.
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency, monitor systems and platforms for availability, Monitor database jobs for timely and accurate completion, and monitor capacity and performance of database and jobs for effective up-time and response time to the consumers of the data.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database configurations and determine project scope and limitations. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time required to accomplish project.
- 4+ Year as a Database Administrator with Microsoft SQL Server;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server;
- Practical knowledge of SQL, ETL;
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices;
- Proficient SQL Server engine and query tuning skills;
- Knowledge of RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, Sybase and MySQL a plus;
- Familiarity with SOX controls, segregation of duties principles, least privileged access principles preferred;
- Expert performance troubleshooting and remediation skills;
- Experience with internal and external backup and restore methodologies;
- Proficient in data security strategies (data at rest and in transit);
- Linux/Windows OS experience is a must;
- Strong ability to solve and communicate problems that occur to a technical and business audience;
- Excellent Oral and written skills;
- Focus on quality of work and customer service;
- Demonstrates excellent communication, organizational and follow up skills;
- Readiness to lead the technical process and take a decision
- Ability to follow through on support related issues with customers, vendors and IT staff.
- Native Ukrainian / Russian, intermediate English
- Preferred - Certification in SQL Server development/ETL design & development;
- Advanced certificates or certifications with Microsoft technologies is a plus;
- Windows Server administration and maintenance
- Powershell scripting and automation
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ukraine (UA) || || Kiev || ServEng
Job details: IT System Expert Job Stage 06