Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Consultant. The ICT Consultant – for IPU Infra (Factory Infrastructure Services) is a key Role for ensuring outstanding IT operations and Support of business-critical IT Infrastructure Services and solutions used by Ericsson’s factories/production plants & Partner Suppliers worldwide.
The role interacts with the Ericsson Supply business as well with IT colleagues and IT Suppliers. Your task is to ensure that Ericsson’s factories’/production plants/sites’ IT services and solutions meet Ericsson business needs.
- To manage the communication towards IT Suppliers (Internal/External) delivering IT operations.
- Connection Owner (CO) for Supply TPC / iSignum Ownership
- Review & approve “move to production” requests (ZCMS/iSignum Etc.)
- Drive IT Infra implementation projects & Safeguard IT operations
- If requested by “Mgmt of” or IT Suppliers (Internal/External), assist and support Incident resolution
- Provide consultancy to Initiate corrective actions when targets are not met including escalation until issue/gap is solved
- Escalate/inform about major IT Service Management deviations, interruptions and/or violations to line management and/or relevant governance body
- To demand continuous compliance to the security controls from contracted IT suppliers & Manufacturing Partners. (as described in the existing security framework)
- Performs both routine and non-routine systems administration tasks for daily operations of the production environment.
- Performs other duties as required (including traveling to other sites for service implementation)
- Education: Degree in engineering, IT or telecommunications field
- Knowledge and understanding of IT environments (IT development, IT implementation and IT operations). Since you will work with auditing and follow-up of factory unique IT solutions we expect you to be technically skilled in areas such as:
- Network/Routing/Switching/WAN/LAN/VLAN/WLAN, Firewalls
- Hardware, Storage, Backup, Client Operations
- OS Microsoft Windows Server, Virtualization, Clustering, Antivirus, Cloud Computing Concepts, PKI Etc.
- Infra services such as DHCP, DNS, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of business processes and especially the IT “core” processes (Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication capabilities.
- Excellent supplier management and prioritization skills.
- Experience of working with global service providers on and off shore is an advantage
- Ability to act proactively, result-oriented and become a change leader
- As a person you enjoy customer focus, you have an interest in working with continuous improvements, including how to improve the quality of process outputs.
- Change management skills, negotiation skills and project management experience are an advantage.
- Knowledge of ITIL is an advantage.
- Must have 3+ years of overall IT experience in a manufacturing environment/or enterprise environment.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, flexible, reliable
- High attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to take proactive action when needed.
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent spoken and very good written English
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.