Basic requirements include proven knowledge of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), software packaging and deployment experience, OSD and image deployment.
EIC SCCM System Administrator will provide assistance with the administration and maintenance of the Systems Center Configuration Manager solution. This position will work closely with peers in the deployment of Microsoft updates, third party patching, application and operating system deployments and servicing. This position will also resolve Ericsson Supply global environment tickets and incidents opened by end users for SCCM client, application/ patch deployments, new system image certification and Windows client deployments.
The SCCM System Administrator provides operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration and sustainment of Systems Center Configuration Manger. Candidate will provide application technology and server support in a large-scale Enterprise environment. Our mission is to deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments and drive operation excellence.
Candidate will be part of an IPU IT Ops global team located across the world (Estonia, China, India etc.), and will assist implementation and support of System Center Configuration Manager while following existing standards in Ericsson Manufacturing Environment internal and External Ericsson sites globally. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
include but are not limited to the following
- Extend SCCM infrastructure to additional physical locations as needed
- Maintain existing production images and build, test and deploy new images
- Create and manage driver packages to support current operating systems
- Create queries and reports to support business and audit requests
- Troubleshoot technical issues with SCCM infrastructure including SQL
- Create collections in System Center Configuration Manager for application deployments
- Create custom reports in Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Create operational support documents for various tasks related to SCCM
- Develop and document standards related to package creation, OSD, patching, infrastructure
- Provide technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables
- Train operational team to perform day-to-day SCCM tasks such as security update deployments
- Package, test and deploy business software packages and updates to the end-user environment
- Create scripting solutions within PowerShell for various administrative needs
- Conduct testing and evaluation of new hardware models
- Participate in standard image development, management, QA testing, and deployment
- Provide support for L2 issue escalations/tickets
- Performs both routine and non-routine systems administration tasks for daily operations of the production environment.
- Knowledge of Windows Management Instrumental
- Performs other duties as required (including traveling to other sites for service implementation)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience
Job Related Experience:
- Must have 3+ years of experience administering System Center Configuration Manager in a manufacturing environment and/or enterprise environment.
- Must have 5+ years of overall IT experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of System Center Configuration Manager architecture
- Experience diagnosing and resolving SCCM client and infrastructure issues
- Experience with Operating System Deployment
- Experience deploying Microsoft security updates
- Experience creating Task Sequences
- Experience with Compliance Settings
- Experience troubleshooting application deployment errors
- Experience with Group Policy Objects
- Strong understanding of Networking, DNS, Infrastructure concepts
- Working knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages like Visual Basic Scripting
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Experience with and willingness to follow a strict change management and incident tracking process
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Critical thinking and problem solving and analytical skills
Self-motivated, takes initiative, flexible, reliable
High attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to take proactive action when needed.
Excellent spoken and very good written English
MCSA: Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016
ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng