We are now looking for a Lead Cloud Orchestration Solution Architect.
As the Lead SA, you will have the opportunity to work on best most exciting projects that Ericsson has in the Cloud area. You will travel globally to work with all our tier 1 customers, with the latest technology releases, acting in different capacities – working with our Product Development Units/R&D sites as a “Product Owner/customer”, leading or acting as Subject Matter Expert in presales activities to design the service solution and collaborate in the asset creation like Use Cases, creating solutions, giving the key technical presentations to customers, as well as conducting demos and working on proof of concepts.
Also, as Solution Architect, you will be responsible for analysing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will provide profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
The primary reasonability is to lead in Pre-sales and Delivery activities of Orchestration solutions. To do this, you will:
- Lead the delivery team from a technical perspective for management and orchestration in NFVi Solution
- Scope define and design industry leading solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyse customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Collaborate with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Create Pre-integration of solutions
- Develop and drive re-useable assets
- Develop best in class technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of the solutions you and your colleagues designed
- Work together with R&D, Service delivery and MA’s
- Demonstrate your leadership thorough knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Research/seek out knowledge on new technology/technical areas and share information about solutions to enable customer competence build
- Education: Engineering Degree or similar
- 7+ Years of relevant experience from a technical roles e.g. experience from work as an Integration Engineer or Software Developer
- Technical knowledge
- Cloud and OSS Orchestration Domain Experience (2 years)
- ETSI MANO (2 years)
- VNF Descriptors (TOSCA, HOT, HELM) (2 years)
- Cloud Technologies (Openstack, Kubernetes) (2 years)
- REST API, SNMP (2 years)
- A basic working knowledge in networking,
- ONAP, Camunda Workflows would be very advantageous, as would knowledge in scripting and the ability to work with 3PP integration frameworks, and hands on experience in Ericsson Orchestration/ Dynamic Orchestration
- Ability to work on business case development
- Customer facing experience and ability to interact with senior leaders
- Analytical and Problem-solving skillset
- Walk extra mile to solve customer requirements
- Aptitude to learn and adapt to change
Please note this position is customer facing and as such will require a high level (~30%) of global travel from time to time
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D