We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd-party suppliers, and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Provide quality troubleshooting and resolution to technical issues raised by the customer
- These issues can be critical, highly complex problems that may span multiple platforms and technologies: IMS, 4G EPC, and 5G Core on bare metal and virtualized platforms
- Work/Coordinate closely with various teams/organizations within Ericsson and with 3rd party vendors to ensure we achieve the goal of providing fast, complete and quality solutions to customer requests
- The responsibilities will include the need to make presentation of roadmaps, KPI performance charts, outage reports, root cause analysis etc. to the customer at all levels of their organization
- Identify areas for improvement in ways of working for our support organization and suggest/implement improvements
- Responsibilities will include the need to build and expand personal technical expertise, keep abreast of customer and market technology trends and developments
- Job role requires to be on call 24/7 on rotation basis to handle customer issues and/or Emergency incidents.
- Commitment to learning, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and cross skilling
- Education: Bachelor of Science or Master of Science or equivalent
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Wireless, Cellular, and Packet Core technologies
- Possess expert technical knowledge on IMS and EPC products (5+ years)
- Possess excellent understanding of end-to-end network architecture which includes: IMS (MTAS, SBG, CSCF), 4G EPC (MME / EPG), 5G Core (PCC / PCG / SMF / UPF / AMF), CUPS, 3GPP standards
- Excellent understanding of Cloud and Virtualization technologies: NFVI / VNF / VM and Containers / OpenStack / RHEL / Linux
- Possess excellent knowledge in Routing and Switching
- Extensive experiences from support services (5+ years)
- Excellent ability to professionally represent Ericsson in customer environment
- Proven ability to work and to make decisions independently and under time pressure
- Excellent ability to describe technical issues in clear and understandable manner
- Good negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Working and collaborating with different teams
- Fluency in English
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng