PDU Cloud is responsible for the development of cloud products such as the BSP, CEE, CCD, HDS and SDN for Ericsson Operator or IT Cloud business, including Operator and Data Center solutions. These are part of a new generation of products that will run virtualized applications on Ericsson and other environments and hardware platforms. It is expected that virtualized products gradually will replace native solutions and become the main way of providing services for subscribers and enterprises. Our products and solutions are new in the cloud market place and you will be part of securing successful business for this new product area together with applications and services organizations.
We in PDU Cloud IDS are handling the activities related to Integration, Deployment & Support. We are now looking to fill positions in function area of deployment and support of Cloud for CEE and CCD products and solutions.
As a Deployment and Support Engineer in IDS you will work with supporting customer deployments in the field, integrating PDU Cloud products to solutions, answer product- and customer support questions and solve related problems, however also be involved in requirement analysis, design, TR-handling, product, solution and support documentation. We are looking for a genuinely curios person with great interest in the cloud and its technologies enjoying working with customers.
We travel to customer sites or other Ericsson offices to support POCs (Proof of Concept), DVAs (Design Verification Activities), Deployments, onsite Support or other customer related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Day-to day collaboration with Key Customers
- Design and integrate infrastructure from open source components and perform troubleshooting in internal as well as in customer networks
- Take part in the full development cycle from system design, through development, integration, verification, and deployment to customer support
- Help drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Constantly develop your competences
- Perform Application and Product Support.
- Perform Deployment support
- Solve incoming Product and Customer Support Requests
- Perform Trouble Shooting in Customer networks including 24/7 emergency phone cover
- Develop and Test High Quality Products
- Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration
Key Qualifications and Core Competences:
- Knowledge of Virtualization technology like KVM and OpenStack
- Basic Knowledge or experience with Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP and DNS, etc.) OSI Layers, infrastructure services and security
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn new technologies to support the business
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Working in team and cooperating
- Take own initiative, drive tasks, work with improvements
- Possibility for worldwide short-term travels
- Some Professional knowledge and hands-on experience in
- Programming languages such as Java, C, C++, Python
- Linux operating system, system tools, bash scripting, hardening
- Container technologies like Docker, LXC, Kubernetes,
- IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, Wireshark / tcpdump)
- Some basic Virtualization understanding.
- Good Communication Skills
- Adapting & Responding to Change
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- English language
Location: Kista Sweden
Application: For any enquires and for application, please contact the Recruiter, Suma H Venkatagiri at email@example.com. Please note that, you need to submit the application in English and we do not accept any applications via email and the last day to apply is the 13th December, 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 304716