Job details and role definition
The Head of Engineering – IoT Connectivity & Infrastructure, will be responsible for the end to end management of the deliveries of the Connectivity and Infrastructure solutions, as part of the IoT Accelerator Platform offerings from the BTEB and Global Sites, including Satellite NOC locations. This role is a key Leadership role within BTEB IoT Operations, reporting to the Head of BTEB IoT Operations and is the main driver and facilitator for delivery of Connectivity & Infrastructure solutions, improvements and Delivery performance end to end. The Head of Engineering is required to operationally manage the delivery of the IoT Connectivity solutions end to end, within the BTEB IoT Operations and across the MA’s, towards our end Customers. This includes managing the unit itself and the direct reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Has full responsibility for ensuring end to end financial and Service Delivery performance of the Function and Score Card target achievement and reporting
- Plans and directs all aspects of the Ericsson IoT infrastructure activities and projects for the global IoT Accelerator Platform offerings. Ensuring a cost optimal approach to delivery of the business objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring IoT C&I budgets complied, achieved and savings targets reached. Including cost control and reporting monthly as per the BTEB financial ways of working.
- Accelerates efficiency and performance within BTEB IoT Operations Engineering - IoT C&I function and between Operations in the MA and BA’s. Driving transformation of the IoT Service Deliveries to generate committed yearly efficiencies, in-line with the BTEB IoT business plan.
- Global responsibility for design (BSS/DCS), capacity management, supplier management, site management, life-cycle management and availability management of the IoT infrastructure and connectivity. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Act as an effective member of the BTEB IoT Operations Leadership Team, working towards the overall objectives, including cross-unit and cross Business Area (BA) collaboration objectives.
- Drive collaboration and knowledge sharing within BTEB IoT, across BA’s and MA’s, securing that best practices are continuously collected, evaluated and redeployed across all sites and shared with the BA’s and MA’s.
- Ensuring the correct level of operational readiness for new contracts or increased WLA scope, including the introduction of new products as part of the global IoT Accelerator Platform offerings.
- Ensure that the required IS/IT investments and projects are in place to support the Service Operations for existing and new business.
- Responsible for the End to End Recruitment process for the Engineering - IoT C&I Function. Ensuring we develop a team of engineers to create a high-performance engineering function. And bringing new staff on board as per agreed site strategy and in the most optimal time scales for them to become productive.
- Working closely with all stakeholders (People, IT, Facilities).
- Involving staff under his/her control, through active participation in goal setting, encouraging their sense of ownership and commitment to achieve the required business objectives.
- Perform Individual Performance Management (IPM) for all staff under their control, in-line with the Global People Function directives and company ways of working, ensuring regular follow-up and reviews.
- Provide support and coaching to the 1st line and staff under his/her control. Also establish robust development plans for all staff and succession plans are also in place for all positions within Engineering - IoT C&I Function.
- Ensuring that training is provided for the IoT C&I Unit in-line with business requirements and to end customers according to business requests / forecast.
- BE/ B.Tech (Telecommunication/ Computer Science) / MBA
- Telecoms Engineering / Operations, at least 4 years line management experience
- Years of experience: 8-10 years and above.
Human and Business Competences
- Highly developed line management and Leadership skills, influencing and leading by example. Self-motivated and works well under pressure.
- High degree of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to simplify, good sense for details as well as high level thought leadership
- Performance and Results oriented with good skills in leading and motivating people and conscious of responsibility and empowerment.
- Highly developed skills in Interpersonal communication and ability to communicate effectively on an executive level, both internally and externally.
- Customer oriented and business minded – has a consultative approach and focus on profitability.
- Highly developed skills in driving change management.
- Ability to prioritize and plan own work to meet assigned schedules and targets.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving capability and strategic thinking.
- Highly developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge, experiences and skills to create a learning culture.
- Highly developed knowledge in Diversity awareness
- Good conflict management skills.
- Good English language skills oral and written.
- Business and financial awareness to ensure understanding of the implications that various courses of action will have on costs.
- Strong productivity and value creation orientation with solid business acumen.
- High level of Service business orientation combined with a good business (market, customer) understanding
- Very good understanding of Ericsson Business Process, Financial - and Delivery models.
- Proven management skills in leading a multi-cultural and geographically spread team.
- Good knowledge of Ericsson Portfolio, the Market and Ericsson Customers.
- Good understanding of Ericsson organizational structure, ways of working and Company directives.
- Good Knowledge of Service delivery strategies and processes.
Last day to apply: December 9th, 2019
For specific questions please contact recruiter Miroslaw Cos firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 304580