We are looking for an Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Lead responsible for maintaining the elements of the Safety and Environmental Management System framework for our Customer Unit in Turkey and act as the overall point for any EHS related matters in the CU.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the core elements of Ericsson Safety and Environmental Management System framework and requirements to support the delivery of corporate and customer requirements by Ericsson
- Act as a subject matter expert in ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards in the CU
- Ensure that CU EHS committee meeting are in place, effective and value adding.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor EHS legal compliance in the CU
- Consult on evaluation and response to RFPs/RFQs,
- Engage with customers and government authorities/officials as POC for EHS matters
- Consult on customer evaluations and assessments
- Consult operations on EHS project planning, execution and governance by providing expert advice and support on EHS arrangements
- Follow-up and monitor project EHS performance in the CU and identify improvement actions.
- Translate legislation to business activities
- Lead all legal compliance activities as the expert for regulatory knowledge and drive the EHS Legal Compliance Checks in the CU
- To be the lead advisor on any incident investigation, including conducting effective and pertinent investigation analysis, reporting on incident as per Ericsson standards, proposing and following up on determined corrective and preventive actions.
- Manage incident reporting, analysis and actions in the CU
- Consult and monitor emergency preparedness and response management
- Prepare, execute and monitor yearly EHS plans and programs in the CU
- Consult in employee occupational health issues including pandemic diseases and environmental factors.
- Engage in work environment arrangements
- Act as the EHS SPOC with the EGMS team regarding EGMS internal and certification audits in the CU
- Lead all EHS communication and awareness efforts in the CU.
- Employees and managers on all levels in the Ericsson organization
- Business Units/Group Functions, HR Heads, HR Business Partners, and HR Generalists.
- Global/MA peers across EHS function
- Security and Facility management
- EGMS Team
- Service Delivery (project) managers
- ASP Management
- Sourcing management
- Field Service Operation organizations
- Regulatory Authorities
- Education: a degree in a related engineering discipline. A recognized formal OHS/Environment qualification e.g. degree or diploma in OHS Health and Safety Management or NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or other recognized and relevant certification.)
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated work experience in EHS management systems, including understanding of compliance requirements, monitoring guidelines, and standards e.g. ISO9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 45001 preferably in a telecom environment or construction industry;
- Additional qualifications / certifications in Occupational Health & Safety is preferred (e.g. First Aid, Fire Fighting, Working at heights, etc.)
- Recognized auditing qualification (preferable)
- Experience in leading a team and / or advising on OHS activities to senior personnel;
- Experience in developing OHS management system (e.g. OHS plans, risk assessments, method statements) internally and experience in evaluating and leading Subcontractors OHS practices.
- Organizing & delivering HSE trainings and inductions internally and with subcontractors externally.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience dealing with internal / external customers, or at least have demonstrable qualities to put “customer first” e.g. good communication and presentation skills
- Driving license is a must; able to travel domestically and internationally as needed;
- Must be proficient in usage of computers, with knowledge in standard office programs (such as Microsoft Office).
- Multilingual person with excellent command of spoken and written English is a must;
- Ability to write technical and audit reports in to an excellent standard, and prepare method statements as required;
- Possess excellent communication, persuading, and influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Turkey (TR) || || Istanbul || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 304494