Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other
This document outlines the job description for Enhanced Problem Manager within the Managed Service Delivery Services.
Enhanced Problem Manager
Enhanced Problem Manager - Operations
Reports to Head of Problem Management
As part of GNOC-India, managed services operations team, Enhanced Problem Manager is mainly responsible for prediction, pre-identification of outages/alarms in a network based on correlations with the use of data analytical tools, Proactive problem analysis and implementation of corrective actions for all type of problems that cause or may cause an interruption to or reduction in the quality of that service.
The Enhanced Problem Manager holds the responsibility to indirectly contribute to the overall performance of the network services delivery by way of enhance problem management by minimising the adverse impacts of incidents and problems in advance on the customer business caused by errors or by other means.
The position responsible will be required:
- To have multi-domain skills and the end to end knowledge of Telecom networks.
- To perform KPI Trend monitoring and post-deviation analysis.
- To make predictive analytic model based on alarms/outages, QoS based on Capacity & Utilization trends.
- Must have ability to drive the projects independently.
- Must have knowledge of data analytic tools (Knowledge of Python, SPSS etc.)
- Knowledge of Service Related KPI’s and User perception understanding
- To perform Alarm, TT, WO correlations to resolve the chronic issues in the network.
- Understanding of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence & Cloud technologies.
- To validate and analyze the network performance reports & prepare action plan for network improvement.
- To identify Single Point of Failure (SPOF) in network.
- To perform Outage analysis in details.
- Ability to perform new Project ORQ (operation request) assessment & KPI analysis after new change implementation in network.
- To ensure incidents are analyzed and gaps, improvements are indentified from technical, process, SLA and contract perspective.
- To continuously engage the operations team and other teams to provide timely closure for actions.
- To prioritize problems based on the risk, impact, and severity
- To coordinate with MSDM and internal customer organization for ensuring that all customer deliverables related to the functions are dispensed with in timelines.
- Contribute to develop and maintain good record of problem, root cause and solution details in the form of knowledge base that can be used as a reference for reduction of repetitive incidents due to same problem.
- Identify, prescribe, and implement pro-active prevention methods in problem handling.
- To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible from the problem management perspective.
- To ensure best practices are followed within the operation organization.
- To engage right people with right skills from operations teams to find root cause and corrective action for the problems.
- To prioritize problems based on the risk, impact and severity
- To initiate, support and implement uniform organizational processes in problem handling.
- To contribute to the use of standard methods and procedures for daily operations needs in accordance with the processes.
- To trigger/initiate changes in the processes and team structure as and when required.
- To review performance of regional units and team members.
- Authorized to report security breach incidences.
- Provide access to all information necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities and tasks
- To support all the related parties internally and externally for information to carry out the tasks.
Degree in Engineering preferably in electronics and communication or telecommunication
At the least 12 -18 years’ experience in Telecom.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Operation & Maintenance implementation / integration / operation / support or testing environment.
- Preferably at least 4 years of experience from activities in lead position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Fluent in English (both in writing and speaking).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Independent self-motivated and well organized with analytical mind.
- Data analytical skills, modelling and hands on experience in python.
- GSM Telecommunications knowledge with telephony switching principles, traffic concept, telecommunication networks & signaling.
- Knowledge & experience of KPI formulae, reason of KPI degradation and how to troubleshoot each KPI issue for different reason, Network Architecture knowledge is must and candidate must be experienced in technologies of 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G.
- Understanding of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence & Cloud technologies.
- Understanding of complete call flows in GSM system.
- Good knowledge of core network performance / configuration parameters and their interpretation and usage.
- Extremely good knowledge of Transport Networks and their implementation approaches and their integration with core network.
- Good knowledge of support and supply processes.
- Network service / performance focused.
- Good knowledge about network operation processes and interfaces.
- Good knowledge of network implementation / integration processes
- Good exposure to business process rationalization using ETOM and ITIL process framework
- Ability to provide interface with Design and planning team for capacity build up and new features.
- Must have ability to lead/motivate the team
- Has courage, self-confidence, and decisiveness
- Ensure co-operation and knowledge sharing within the team
- Effective skills in oral and written communication.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Well organized and methodical.
- Reliable, conscientious and patient.
- Self motivated and works well under pressure.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Should have ability to prioritize the tasks at hand as per requirements
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.