Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Want to join a high performing team and drive IT Security for our Global Product Management teams within Group IT?
Ericsson Group IT have decided to turn into federated ways of working with regards to IT security for our global products portfolios. This means putting the IT security responsibility closer to the respective Solution Areas (SA) that are accountable for our global product portfolios.
We are entrusted to set-up a next-generation DevSecOps aligned, global IT Security Solutions unit to support SA Enterprise Systems (refer below for more about SA Enterprise Systems). We are looking for an IT Security Consultant, who will join at this incubation stage to participate in establishment of this unit and work across our different IT product portfolios.
In this Global IT Security Manager role, you will ensure proper protection of information assets (IT applications), accessed through the Ericsson IT environment, which is a combination of on-premise and cloud (public and private). You will be a key player by providing IT security operations, expertise, support and solutions, based on the IT Security requirements and enabling compliance with applicable internal /external requirements, laws, regulations and standards.
- Pro-actively ensure availability of IT security information, support and expertise
- You will collaborate with IT Product Managers and consult them to define, select, develop, implement, and manage required IT Security solutions to protect their applications from all sort of external and/or internal security threats.
- You will assume ownership of IT Security products, services and/or solutions, including overall strategy and roadmap for area of your responsibility
- You will handle demands, order requests and internal/external requirements, safeguarding security services, products and architecture
- Perform IT security monitoring and testing
- You will contribute to internal and external IT security assessments or audits
- Run IT security incidents in accordance with agreed and established process
- Establish and leverage interfaces to relevant internal or external functions and experts
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or Masters in a related field
- Work experience: 8+ years of total work experience within IT with 4+ years of demonstratable similar work experience in IT Security area. Hands-on experience with IT Security design and architecture which include solution architecture work to identify technical vulnerabilities and possible mitigations to them
- Work experience in SAP ERP Security and API (application programming interface) development Security requirements (e.g. Authentication vs. Authorization, API Keys. OAuth 2.0, SAML, etc.)
- Working experience within IT Security, Information Security, Data Privacy, IT Application Development, Application Maintenance or Operations
- Data Privacy Knowledge
- Business understanding from IT perspective, and understanding of IT Security linkage in Application development lifecycle (Concept to Retire)
- Change and Improvement Management Skills
- Risk Management Skills
- IT Security Audit knowledge and experience
- Communication, people collaboration and team playing skills, as the role involves extensive interaction with internal and external partners
- Experience with regulatory requirements such as e.g. SOX, information security or IT security standards, Ericsson steering document
- In-depth and working knowledge of ISO 27002 controls and how they should be implemented to secure Ericsson’s information technology environments
- Business Understanding from IT perspective, and understanding of Application lifecycle and IT Security foray into that space
Who are we? | About SA Enterprise Systems
At Solution Area Enterprise Systems within Ericsson’s Group IT, we run IT like a business which means focusing on the value we deliver; on top of costs we generate. We make the step from consuming technology to actively identify, analyze, and deliver new technology – but only that which creates value for our customers.
On top and beyond a very strong leadership and culture framework that Ericsson possesses, there are 6 themes which further define and differentiate us as a team: growth mindset (we believe in human potential beyond current performance), wild cards (we respect and nurture unconventional ideas), change tribes (we move from “I’m great” to “we’re great” and are excited to work with others for the benefit of the entire company), bridging the digital divide (we believe in that the digital divide must not be feared but actively managed) disagree & commit (disagree while a decision is being made, but once a decision has been made, everybody must commit to it) and collective leadership (a group of people working together towards a shared goal)
We also live by the motto CUSTOMER FIRST, ERICSSON ALWAYS. We are accountable for IT for management and transformation of end-to-end business process in the flow dimension covering Sales, Marketing, Supply, Sourcing Finance, HR, Resource Management, R&D etc. to deliver Digital Ericsson.
Hiring Manager: Rajib Saha
- Location: Bangalore. India
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.