We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers mainly in the area of WAN networks built on MW and Ethernet. In this role, you will be involved in troubleshooting and resolving problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities. As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
The telco area is expanding and evolving continuously as are our customers in this area. You will get a lot of experience working with systems in customer environments and learn about all the exciting developments ongoing in the Telecom Management area (e.g. automation, virtualization and many more interesting concepts).
Working as a Support Engineer will also require a broad knowledge within telecom and datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Analysis of trouble reports from customer Handling of dedicated support
- Being the main technical interface for customer
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or computer science3-5 years’ experience of work
- Domain experience: Transport and IP
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Planning & organizing skills
- Presentation & communication skill
- Upper-intermediate English, native Russian
- In-depth knowledge of WAN fundamentals:- Switching in networks based on mix of ethernet and TDM (SDH and PDH). Including CES, QoS, QinQ, OSPF, MPLS technologies.
- Experience and good knowledges in Microwave Networks
- hands-on experience with UNIX-like OS
- knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- Clear understanding of DCN (TMN) principals
- Preferred qualifications
- Knowledge of Ericsson equipment and other Microwave and Transport domain vendors
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Russian Federation (RU) || || Moscow || ServEng
Job details: Support Engineer Job Stage 05