Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Competency : EDOS
The Verification engineer is responsible for defining, automating and execution of the E2E test plans of the Design and Optimization solutions developed in Ericsson.
This position works embedded in the Verification scrum team working together other engineers and reports to the Continuous Delivery, Quality and Verification manager.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Definition and execution:
- Test plan for the integrated solution.
- Regression tests.
- Load and performance testing.
- Contribute to improve the coverage of the automatic test for the Continuous Delivery. pipeline.
- Report and track the status of the test plan bugs found in the applications.
- Understanding the use cases of the solution.
- Documentation of the testing activities using the official tools.
- Work with diverse tools and operative systems.
- Continually see the tangible results of your work.
- Experience across software development lifecycle: development, testing, deployment, etc.
- Experience defining and executing test plans for software solutions.
- Familiar with the agile testing methodologies (SCRUM) and tracking tools (JIRA).
- Experience with automated UI tests (Selenium, IBM Rational Functional Tester, etc.)
- Knowledge of operating system scripting and commands (Linux, Unix and Mac) and Windows.
- Ability to work and communicate in diverse environments.
- Telecommunication domain knowledge is valuable.
- High level of English
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
- Proven self-management and autonomy skills.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to detect and deal with high priority issues
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
Preferred Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 304307