Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. Our technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are looking for Agile Solution Tester in SOIV unit at Gurgaon for augmenting our solutions offering integration and verification within BDGS SA BSS PDU BSS Sol Verification.
As Agile Tester – Solution Offering Integration and Verification (SOIV), you and your team members will have a close collaboration with your peers performing end to end (E2E) Integration and Verification activities on our next generation solutions.
The competence on the technical, domain and test requirements would be as follows:
- The competence on the technical front shall range in the areas of XML, Restful, Web Services, SOAP, Basic Java and Scripting languages.
- The competence domain wise shall range in the areas of subscriber care and administration, charging, billing, order, and catalogue management.
- On the testing side the candidate shall be Experienced Tester on both manual as well automated ways, Customer Acceptance testing and Customer Support
The main responsibilities will be to handle the end to end test responsibilities of Solution offering Integration and Verification (SOIV) with focus to
- Develop Solution test strategy and test high quality products
- Develop test automation strategy with our operational needs, keeping Test automation framework up-to-date.
- Analyze customer solutions/configurations to identify changes to our testing
- Work with test tools on potential activities & solutions. Develop scripts to integrate tools and test cases.
- Develop and hold technical test presentations, demo’s & proposals
- Support deployment of our solutions at customer sites engaging with the onsite team.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
- Stay abreast on new technology/technical areas & share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Create Intellectual capital assets for reuse
- To develop collaterals on latest test automation and related trends, point of views and best practices documents.
- Perform Continuous Analysis and Requirement Handling
- Drive continuous improvements of products and way of working
You need to have a Technical University degree or equivalent.
In order to be a successful candidate for this position you should have strong and demonstrated experience in the area of position. Required competence:
- More than 3 years as a Solution Tester in the testing community.
- Good experience in Software engineering, product development and solutions verification and validation in parallel with a thorough understanding of the business aspects.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
We value high personal energy, drive for excellence, strong people and organizational leadership with a constant team focus.
- OSS/BSS Products and solutions Knowledge
- Charging System overall solution with Ericsson Nodes competence on AIR, AF, OCC, SDP, NGVS, NGCRS, CCN, EMA, EMM
- Charing and Bylining in One solution with component level depth in EOC, ECM, BSCS, CS and MM.
- Good experience in defining Test Anatomy, Test Strategy and Test Modelling
- Test writing skills in TTCN and script writing skills (Shell, Python)
- Test development Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Product Development/Technical Knowledge
- Experience in product verification and automation of testing processes with knowledge of Tools and Simulators like JMeter, FFS etc.
- Good knowledge of test tools and test methodology
- Lean and Agile knowledge and skills
- Good at Innovating and Problem Solving
- Delivers results and meeting stakeholders expectations
- Team work & collaboration skills
Here is a (non-exclusive) list of technologies that we currently use and would like you to be well versed with:
- TTCN, Shell, Python, Perl, C/C++, Java,
- Linux development, working with high performance Linux application
- GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins
- tcpdump, wireshark and other packet analysis tools
- Debugging, analyzing core dumps, Coverity
- Network simulators
- Test Automation
- 5G/IoT charging, Service based Interface (SBI) knowledge
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience from a leading test position such as Solution Tester and or Test architect
- Domain competence of BSS especially in the Charging, Billing, Order care and Mediation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Developer Job Stage 05