Head of Sales, Americas
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, high-energy Head of Sales for the Americas to join our team. The Head of Sales is a new position that will play an instrumental, transformational role in our revenue generation & business innovation, making an immediate impact by sourcing and closing big deals while also creating the long-term foundation for groundbreaking partnerships and revenue streams. In addition to being a smart, creative, proven sales leader, the ideal candidate thrives on ambiguity, complexity, and the chance to create with no blueprint; and can simultaneously execute on sales targets while crafting a vision and strategy for the future. The Head of Sales should be inspired by our mission, excited about our growth, and passionate about the opportunity to create value for our partners and customers.
This role reports to the GM and will be a highly visible, key senior leadership position for the company and will work particularly closely with the executive, product, marketing, and legal teams as well as many others across the organization. As the Sales leader for the Americas representing our product unit, you will collaborate and strategize with Ericsson’s account teams in the largest operators in the North America region.
- Serve as a collaborative senior leader for the company
- Be a strong voice to amplify our brand and value proposition externally and internally
- Build, lead, and set an example for a lean, accountable, ambitious, and high-performing sales & account management team
- Business case development, price modeling and ROI/TCO analysis
- Proactively identify, seize, and create opportunities to generate & scale revenue through new categories, channels, partnerships, offerings, etc.
- Cultivate strong, mutually beneficial relationships with both incumbent & emerging key players across the telecom industry
- Engage with senior decision makers (CXO, VP) at large operators to close new business.
- Develop and lead the entire sales process, including but not limited to strategy & account planning, deal sourcing, pipeline management, negotiation & deal structuring, and closing new B2B2C business
- Resourcefulness & humility
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Internal drive to achieve
- Strong organizational, forecasting, and management skills
- Ability and intent to travel frequently to meet with clients and achieve sales goals
- Impeccable communication and people skills
- Outstanding influence and persistence; ability to not only think big but inspire others to buy into the vision
- Intellectual horsepower, imagination, and vision: The Head of Sales must think broadly, strategically, and flexibly about how we can leverage our unique position in the market to access new revenue opportunities
- History of structuring, closing, and managing complex, seven-figure-plus deals
- 10+ years of progressive & successful experience building and leading sales functions in the consumer electronics, home networking, telecom or related space.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt