BDGS SA OSS SD NM Expert Unit is a strategic organization that is set up to support customer engagements & deliveries. The Services Expert Unit supports all Ericsson markets globally by delivering key service assets that enable business industrialization and strategic competence to maximize customer value in selected engagements.
The Industrialization Engineer develops and uses service assets to increase efficiency in pre-sales and delivery, reduce risks and achieve quality improvements in the delivery of Ericsson professional services. The Industrialization Engineer identifies service assets in close cooperation with sales and delivery organizations, and promotes the use of service assets to achieve benefits at global scale.
The engineer also develops, deploys, integrates, configures and tests solutions and interacts with customer to provide technical, competence development solutions that enhance the customer's competitive position. The engineer delivers solutions that improve the customers network management in terms of capacity, functionality, end-user-services, and competence built-up. The engineer identifies add-on sales opportunities via a close cooperation with the customers and promotes the use of global service assets in delivery projects.
As an Industrialization Engineer you will also work together with development units for new service offerings and product introduction. You will provide your expertise globally both in pre-sales and delivery. You will be a key person for knowledge sharing and you will use your expertise to identify service assets harvesting opportunities.
You are expected to work, cooperate and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role of an Industrialization Engineer more than often requires you to take initiative and to able to work independently. You will preferably work remotely as part of virtual teams to be more efficient, but in some cases also travel on-site for customer activities.
What you´ll do?
Being part of the Services Expert Unit means you have and maintain high technical knowledge. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that helps you to perform. Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Identify and assess potential service assets, and create accurate business cases to support decision making and prioritization in terms of asset development.
- Develop, test, and publish service assets that support professional services industrialization.
- Promote the re-use of global service assets to improve project lead-time, reduce pre-sales and delivery project costs, and add value to our customers.
- Conduct re-use studies to identify service assets that facilitate the industrialization of customer engagements and quantify the benefits their re-use will deliver.
- Maintain and evolve global service assets in line with Ericsson products and 3PP evolutions.
- Support and troubleshoot with creativity and different approaches severe and undefined problems in service assets and propose suitable solutions
- Identify product serviceability improvements and service offering improvements as part of customer engagements.
- Deliver integration, installation, adaptation, optimization and learning services and support multiple technologies/platforms, including products from other vendors than Ericsson.
- Conduct major updates/upgrades and complex migrations of live networks.
- Introduce end-user solution/application to the network.
- Provide training courses to Ericsson employees and customers in a non-predefined IT-environment
- In a context of rapid technical development and evolution you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
What you´ll need?
- Candidate should have experience on SI projects within OSS area and should work with high motivation to contribute to Industrialization, Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Business Generation process.
- University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
- Strong knowledge on scripting and programming, including Python and Shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge on orchestration and automation tools, such as Ansible, Camunda, Robot framework
- Strong knowledge on Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Strong knowledge on Virtualization, Cloud and Container Systems, including Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, VMware, VIO, and Ericsson CEE and NFVI.
- Knowledge on HP Blade and Rack-mounted HW and Dell storage systems
- Knowledge on High Availability, Resilience and Backup Solutions
- Knowledge on User management, Audit Logging and Security solutions
- Knowledge on ENM / OSS-RC / SO-EM / IPTNMS / SON OM products
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- Consultative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, social & communication skills
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Problem solving and performance oriented
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Excellent oral/written English. Fluency in more languages is highly valued
- GIAP Senior Integration Engineer assessment is highly valued
Willingness to travel 50% of your time in order to fulfill competence, business and customer's requirements.
Locations Finland (Jorvas), Spain (Madrid), Ireland (Athlone), Hungary (Budapest).